Chapter 22

**Prim’s POV**
            “Katniss. Katniss!” I yell. She runs in my room and hugs me.
“What’s wrong? Are you okay?” She asks me worried.
“I’m fine. I just needed you. I needed your hug.” I tell her. She wraps her arms around me again.
“Prim, you will be alright, I promise.” She says to me.
“I’m not worried about myself” I say. I get up then and go to my closet.
“How does this look?” I say holding a pink skirt and a black top. She nods.
“We must hurry little duck. It will be time to go soon.” She says. She walks out and goes downstairs. I hope she doesn’t get picked. Her baby being born in the arena, not able to defend herself. It just wouldn’t work. I would never forgive myself if something happened to her. I get dressed and walk downstairs. Everyone agreed to meet here. Haymitch, Gale, Peeta’s brothers, Rosemary, Madge, and Rory. I didn’t know Madge very well, but apparently it is well enough to put her in this danger. This is what the Reaping bowl will be made up of. We can only pray that the two people picked won’t be as hard to lose, which is exactly what Snow aimed for. He is getting us where it hurts and we won’t be able to live this down. Ever. Rory comes over and hugs me.
“I won’t let you go in there Prim. Never.” He whispers. I hug him back.
“Rory, it’s hard from every angle. If I’m chosen, don’t do anything. Sit there and wait to see who else goes in with me, okay?” I say even though I know he won’t agree. I can’t let anything happen to him.
“Prim, you know I can’t do that.” He says. A few tears fall down my face and Rory leans back to wipe them away. He kisses me very soft and I kiss him back. We only stop kissing because we remember we aren’t alone and everyone is waiting to go. He grabbed my hand and we all walked to the town square. We didn’t have to sign in because it was only us. Peeta walked over to his brothers, said something, and hugged them both. Rosemary came to me with tears in her eyes and said.
“Prim, I won’t let you get picked. I will volunteer before-” But I cut her off.
“No, I put you in this danger, you are my responsibility. I love you like my very own sister Rose and I’m not going mentor you through the games when I know I’m the reason you are in there.” I drop Rory’s hand and hug her. She keeps crying. When she leaves, Katniss comes over with her extended belly and kneels down to me. She is almost about to have her baby. I can tell.
“Prim, I love you. And, I promised you I wouldn’t let anything happen to you ever again. I intend to keep my word.” She hugs me, than kisses my forehead. I’m speechless. She would give up two lives, so I could have mine. I love Katniss, but I will volunteer before I let that happen. We walk to the roped off area with the names in the bowls. Effie stands there as they play the stupid video. I don’t listen to it though. I just hold Rory’s and Katniss’s hand. We are all holding hands now actually. When the video ends, Effie walks to the bowl.
“And the first person that will be participating in the Quarter Quell is…” She says un folding the paper. Everything transforms and I’m back at my first Reaping one year ago. Scared and tired and wanting nothing more than for Katniss to hold me.  She says the name. “Primrose Everdeen!” Everyone gasps, but I knew it was coming. I start for the stage. Like last year, I waited to hear Katniss yelling to volunteer for me, praying that she wouldn’t. I look back and see she has fainted again. Peeta is holding her up and trying to wake her up. The baby is making thing like that happen. When she is shocked or surprised, she just faints.
“Wait! I volunteer! I volunteer for Primrose Everdeen!” I hear a boy call from behind me. I look and see Rory.
“No stop! I volunteer!” I hear a girl yell. It’s Rosemary
“No! They can’t volunteer if I don’t let them! I want to go in; they can’t volunteer if I want to go in! I was called first!” I yell at Effie. She has never been in this situation before and turns to the mayor to ask him a question. She nods and turns back.
“The rules state that no one can volunteer if the person chosen still wants to go in.” She says and I feel relieved. Rory looks mad and stares at the ground. Rosemary starts crying and takes a step closer, but is stopped by peacekeepers.
“And now, for our next tribute.” Effie says. She walks back to the bowl and I find that all my effort was wasted. Effie could check the rule book 100 times and this would be perfectly fine. She reads the name, “Rory Hawthorne.” Why him? Why did it have to be him?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yes I know these are really short Chapter, but I'm uploading a bunch of them. Actually I'm uploading the whole story now! :D