{chapter 10}

We pulled up to the ER and Phoenix rushed me in as we tried to avoid the never ending rain as much as possible.

We made our way to the front desk where Phoenix flashes his badge. "She needs to be see right away." He firmly said.

The nurses and doctors didn't question it, they simply grabbed a gurney and tried to make me get on it.

"I'm not that hurt." I said through my teeth getting highly irritated they were trying to do the most.

Phoenix I guess finally had enough of my resistance and picked me up bridal style and set me on the gurney making my face heat up as the nurses giggled.

I finally gave up resisting and layed back closing my eyes and trying to relax, still red from embarrassment .

I was given multiple x rays and it was found out that I broke my wrist and would need a cast that stopped just below my elbow.

I thought I was going to be released after, but I made the stupid mistake of telling Phoenix I bumped my head on the doorframe leaving the holiday party. He then demanded I get many head cat scans.

I laid in my hospital bed waiting for those results while Phoenix sat in a chair one of the nurses brought him.

"You know, you don't have to wait here." I quietly told him.

He shrugged his shoulders. "Your right, I don't have to but I want to."

I didn't argue instead I closed my eyes hoping to be able to go home soon.
-----
A few hours later my results came back and I had a minor concussion, it wasn't bad at all, because they said I was still able to drive except Phoenix wasn't having any of that.

"Stop complaining, I'm driving you home." He said for the millionth time.

"Phoenix I'm not going home I'm going home." I informed him slowly lifting myself into the passenger seat.

He raised an eyebrow not understanding.

"My parents home I mean." I told him , hoping that would deter him from still trying to drive me.

"Alright tell me what exit to take then." He said swerving the car and getting onto the freeway.

While at the hospital earlier another officer came and returned my phone that I had dropped earlier outside of my car back to me. I was happy at first, until I seen a whole bunch of missed calls from my dad. I had avoided him for about a month now, not wanting to be lectured on my life and what not but I guess he's finally had enough of me ignoring him.

I decided to go to their house and visit before he could come down and visit me, and now was as good as time as ever.

"Your not going to have a way to get home, you left your car at the party." I reminded him.

"I can wait for you." He replied turning the radio on.

"I'm so sick of that same old love, my body's had enough ooooo-O that same old love." Blasted through the speakers making me perk up from the horrible events that happened.

"What? Please don't tell me you like this song." Phoenix scoffed making me turn and look at him.

I raised an eyebrow at him. "And if I do?" I challenged.

He just laughed , throwing his head back then re focusing on the road with a big smile. I then found myself admiring his way of making jokes with himself.

He turned up the radio even louder and began singing along making me cover my face to hide my hysterical laughter.

"IM SO SICK OF IT, SO SICK OF IT YEAH." He sang at the top of his lungs while adding in his dance moves.