Chapter 47

"There you guys are

"There you guys are."

Mike and I both moved away from each other quickly causing me to bump on the cabinet next to the door of my room.

"Or am I interrupting something here?" Thayer continues as he walks closer towards us. He is wearing a blue shirt and shorts and it looks like he is a bit confused with the situation.

"Hey Thayer," I managed to say confidently, but my mind is still racing asking myself what the heck just had happened?

"I woke up three hours ago and the two of you weren't here," he says, "where have you been?"

"Out," Mike answers, "we went for a run."

Thayer nods as he yawns stretching his arms, "I still feel sleepy."

"We should probably sleep too," Mike tells me ruffling my hair and heads for his room.

I am the only one left there in the hallway standing still as my mind tries to process what just happened and what is about to happen if only Thayer hadn't walked in.

Is he really going to kiss me?

✂------------------------------------------

"Elisse?" I ask brows furrowing as I stop halfway through eating the sandwich that Thayer had prepared earlier.

"Yes, Elisse," Mike responds as he place his legs over the table scanning through the tv channels.

"From now on, your name is Elisse Mercer," Thayer says in a satisfied tone as he finishes his whole glass of cold water.

"Is this really necessary?" I ask looking at both of them. They both nod their heads as Thayer picks up a newspaper from the table.

He nods, "We may not be that much on the news right now, but sooner or later, maybe we will. It's better to be careful too, y'know?"

"We'll have to cut your hair short too," Mike adds, his attention still glued onto the television.

"And meet Adrian," Thayer points at Mike, "and me as Tristan."
I swear, even with these little changes, my head is going to explode, "this is absolutely confusing."

"You'll get used to it, love," Thayer or should I say Tristan says patting my shoulders and settling himself onto the seat next to me.

Sighing, I look at the television instead. I wish I could just go back and repeat last night. This is all so confusing and also, tiring. I thought leaving that place would free me from a whole lot of questions and problems.