Chapter 68

"Shh, Scar," Thayer whispered, kissing the side of my head, "stop crying

"Shh, Scar," Thayer whispered, kissing the side of my head, "stop crying. It's going to be okay."

I shake my head, tears still falling freely from my eyes. Mike is sitting next to me, Thayer infront of me, with his hands cupping both sides of my face. We had been sitting like this for about half an hour now, and my whole body feels weak, my mind blank, my head aching.

"How? Why? How's it going to be okay?" I asked, chest heaving up and down.

Dr. Meredith is my mom.

How?

"...you're not going to ruin my life!"

So is that what she meant by that when she said that earlier? That I'm not gonna leave this place ever and I'm never going to ruin her life? Because if everyone would know that she's my mother, then her life, her reputation would go down?

So how about me? My life is already ruined enough. It got ruined since the day she decided to be so damn selfish. The moment she became my mother.

I can't believe I'd be envious of Shannon right now. At least this wasn't her life.

I now suddenly remember all those dirty looks a month before Thayer and I escaped from this place with Mike's help. Now I understand why Dr. Jean won't let us out. Because it was my mom's order. But what does she have so much on Dr. Jean for her to be following my mom's orders around?

And if Chris and I are siblings, then does that mean that we have the same dad? But how? Dr. Jean is much older than my mom, I guess. It would be absurd to think that...

I can't even let the thought sink in.

"How are we supposed to leave now?" Thayer asks, looking at Mike.

"We need to be wise," he answers, "I was thinking, once any of the staffs, be it Dr. Jean, Scar's mom, or Chris, comes by, then we should do our best to attack them and be fast enough to run out of this room."

Thayer nods, "That's just what I am thinking."

I wiped my tear-stained cheeks with my hands and looked at both of them.

"Are you okay now?" Thayer asks.

"How are you feeling?" Mike asks.

I heave out a sigh, "I don't know what to feel. My head is aching, but I think I don't care anymore. I just want to leave. Maybe dying would be great too."

"Don't say that," Thayer says, "just don't."

"Thayer's right," Mike piped in, "you're just having some negative emotions right now because of the shock. But you don't really want to die, don't you?"

I looked at my hands, they're shaky. I feel like my head is starting to crack open with all these headaches.

The door opens and we all looked at its direction to see Dr. Jean enter the room. Beside her is Chris, and behind them is another male nurse and Aubrey.