Chapter 1: How It Happened

I had quite a few monsters on the field. Four. It was my turn.

Swiping my card from my hand, I placed it on my Duel Disk and summoned the monster; Enraged Battle Ox.

"I summon Enraged Battle Ox in attack mode and attack your Kuriboh!" I said. Enraged Battle Ox raised its axe and started to attack Kuriboh.

"I reveal my face-down card, Multiply! It multiplies all my Kuriboh and shields him from your attack." My opponent, Yugi Muto, said.

My Enraged Battle Ox was back on my side of the field.

"I end my turn." I said.

Yugi drew a card from his deck.

"I summon Slifer the Sky Dragon!" Yugi said. All the monsters on his side of the field vanished, including the multiple Kuribohs.

A pink light came down from the sky and landed in front of Yugi, strong winds blowing through the stadium as Slifer appeared next to him.

"I end my turn." He said.

"No...he summoned Slifer! Unless if I summon a strong monster, I can't win!" I thought as I gazed at the large red dragon on the field that floated in mid-air.

I drew a card from my deck, my eyes widening once I saw it.

Obelisk the Tormentor.

What's even better was that I had enough monsters to summon it.

"I sacrifice my X-Head Cannon, Blizzard Dragon, and Luster Dragon to summon Obelisk the Tormentor!" I said as I laid the monster on my Duel Disk.

A blue light flew down onto the field in front of me as another gust of wind echoed throughout the stadium. My big, blue monster now stood next to me.

"Now I'll use Battle Ox and Enraged Battle Ox to activate Obelisk's special effect!"

Obelisk grabbed the two Oxes and squeezed them, causing them to become a yellow light and fly into him. I noticed the cards in Yugi's hand.

Three.

Slifer's attack power is infinite, but his power is determined by what's in the holder's hand. In this case, Yugi held three cards, so that meant Slifer had 3000 attack points.

"I have a chance to finally take him down!" I thought.

"Obelisk, FIST OF FURY!" I yelled as I held my hand out in front of me.

Obelisk pulled a fist back as it then crashed into Slifer. It disappeared as all of Yugi's life points depleted to zero.

All the monsters and face-down cards disappeared off the field as I realized what just happened.

I won.

My title has been reclaimed.

Yugi fell to his knees. I began to laugh as I walked over to Yugi. I crossed my arms once I stood before him.

"I've won, Yugi. I'm finally the number one Duelist again!" I said, laughing, still keeping my arms crossed.

"Wake up, Kaiba." Yugi said.

"What?!"

Yugi began to stand up now.

"Wake up." He repeated.

Everything around me began to quickly fade to black.

But just before it became completely black, I swear I saw the face of my stepfather, Gozaburo Kaiba. His face disappeared as soon as I saw it.