Chapter 12: The Little Chess Master

BACK AT THE ORPHANAGE
Seto's POV
When I woke up that day, I sat up in my bed first.

I climbed out of my bed, grabbed my clothes, and walked to the bathroom to get changed. I walked back to the bedroom and put my night time clothes at the edge of my bed.

When I walked out of the bedroom, I noticed Mokuba talking to Brandon and whispering something in his ear. He gave Brandon a small camera.

"I borrowed it from the orphanage owner. He says to give it back to him after you take a picture of us." He said.

Brandon nodded and agreed. He walked away. Mokuba watched him walk down the hall. Mokuba turned around after Brandon was out of sight. He was about to walk to a table when I called out to him.

"Mokuba?"

Mokuba turned around and smiled at me.

"You're awake, big brother!"

"Yeah, I notice that you are as well. What was that about? You know, about you talking to Brandon." I asked him. Mokuba just smiled at me.

"Oh, nothing much. Are ya up for a game of chess, Seto?" He asked.

For a quick moment, I wondered why Mokuba changed the subject. I didn't think much about it. I nodded in agreement for a game of chess. That sounded like fun.

And it's not because I beat Mokuba a lot of the times we play, okay? It's just fun to play with him, that's all.

Or maybe I should say play against him since only one of us can win.

While we were playing chess, I saw Brandon walk up to our table but he stood a few feet away from us. He held that camera up that Mokuba had given him earlier.

"On three! One, two, three!" He said. Mokuba and I smiled at the camera.

Brandon walked away. After a while, he came back with a picture of me and my little brother. I was holding onto a chess piece.

"Here you go, Mokuba." He said as he gave Mokuba the picture of us.

"Thanks, Brandon!"

"Sure thing!" Brandon said with a smile. He walked away. After he walked away, Mokuba ripped the picture in half. He ripped the upper and lower parts of the picture, too.

"Little bro, what're you-"

Mokuba grinned and handed half of the picture to me. It was the half that was the picture of him. He looked happy and was holding onto a chess piece. I looked up from the picture to see him holding on the half that showed me. I was smiling and holding onto a chess piece. Mokuba was happier than me in his picture.

I looked back down at my picture and back at his.

"What're we gonna do with these, Mokuba?" I asked.

"I don't know about you, Seto, but I'm gonna hold onto mine. It's a picture to remember that we were here." He said, putting his picture below the table, which I'm guessing was in his pocket.

"Is there another reason for this?" I asked, putting my picture in my pocket.

"Nah. Not right now, at least. I'm gonna use the bathroom." Mokuba said. He turned in his chair, putting his feet on the floor after sliding out of his chair.

I nodded in response and then Mokuba walked out of the playroom.

Six minutes later, he still wasn't back yet.

"Mokuba's been gone for a while. I'm gonna go check on him." I muttered as I got up from my seat. I walked out of the playroom and started to walk down the hall, looking around from time to time in case if Mokuba happened to be around.