four

"So you're telling me you have never tried a corndog?" August stares at me.

I shake my head. "No? I just haven't gotten around to it." I don't understand what's so crazy about me not having a corndog. I just haven't! It's not likeI'm saying I've never tried pizza. Now that would be mental.

Augusts' jaw drops while he runs up to a food truck. He orders a corndog for me and a hamburger for himself. I offer to pay for mine but he refuses. I take the little cardboard container from him and sigh. "Do I really have to eat this?"

"Yes! Now go!" He points at me. I glance at the greasy morsel. It didn't look appetizing. It looked kind of like a- "Willow! We don't have all day!"

I roll my eyes. I seem to be doing that alot lately. I grab the stick and raise it up to my mouth. Just as I'm about to take a bite, a bright light shines in my face. "Shit."

"Did you just take a picture of me?" I growl. Now this usually wouldn't be a big deal but he took a picture right when I had a weird shaped thing in my face! He snickers and runs off. I chase after him. We run through the throng of people. He soon is out of sight. Stupid crowd. I find a bench and take a seat. Damn that boy can run.

I smile at my surroundings. Colorful lights shine from the rides. Mouthwatering smells float from the food booths. Laughter sounds from the people enjoying their time, unlike me sulking in the corner. Every year, the rich families host a carnival to raise money for the kids at St. Jude Children's Hospital. I come every year. I love helping out when I can. Plus the fair is really fun.

Speaking of fun, I notice a small booth with a huge crowd. I lean up and skip over. Turns out it's one of those games where they give out fish. I watch the kids attempt to get three rings on the tower. I wait in line for my turn. I definitely don't need a fish. I would probably kill it. But why the hell not. "Next!"

I smile and pay the guy at the counter. He hands me three multi-colored rings "Make three and you'll win a fish of your choice! Make two you can choose a small prize from the chest!"

I crouch down and aim. I miss. I lean to my right and toss a green ring. I make it this time. I jump a little with excitement. I hold the red ring up and blow a kiss to it. I let my arm fall back and toss it forward. The ring topples on the tower but goes in a circle and makes it on. I squeal. The man holds a box to me and I peer inside. It had a bunch of full-sized candies and little toys. My eyes land on a cute little seal beanie baby. I grab it immediately. So cute! "Good Job miss!" He calls as I walk away. I wave to him.

I stop a few food trucks as I look for the devil who darted away. Wait is that a deep fried oreo stand? One more couldn't hurt. I bounce up to the little stand in the corner. They had many things that would make you gain pounds just by looking at them. But I decided on the Oreos. I took notice of a mob of blonde hair. "Do you know if this place is good or not?" I say flatly. August snaps his head around quickly. I giggle as he steadies himself.

"Hey Blondie, Yeah umh I don't know." He rubs the back of his neck. I gasp. "How did you win that?" I point to the turtle beanie baby. It was at a booth I passed once. It was one of the hardest things to win at the whole fair. He smirks at me "Talent. Unlike you."

I shove the seal in his face. "No talent? Then how did I win this?" His eyes widen.

"Hey! I tried to win that one. The jerk at the booth told me I sucked at throwing." He crosses his arms in front of him and pouts.

"Wanna trade?" I hold out the seal. He looks up at me and smiles. He takes the seal from me but doesn't give me the turtle. I shove him. "I'm kidding, here." I snatch it from him and cuddle it. "It's adorable." I shriek.