thirteen

The drive was silent. I had no idea what to say. August keep himself busy with his phone. And Pat. He just stared out the window. He didn't talk or make any noise at all actually. I found myself not as scared as I was when I first saw him. But I still should keep my guard up. You never know what could happen. I take the exit to the town we were going too. I hadn't gone here in a while. We usually came down here for a festival or something. The city lights brighten up the truck. I glance back at Pat. He gazes around at the lights in awe. It reminded me of myself actually. My family and I would drive around and look at Christmas lights around this time. I loved looking at them. Anything Christmas related made me smile like an idiot. 

"Okay, so he lives on the outskirts of town. Take a right up here." August instructs me. I turn right on the next road. Just as fast as the lights came, the left. The once beautiful buildings faded into run-down ones. The roads became bumpy. This was the area of town people usually avoided. Every town or city has that part, you know the dangerous part. My nerves heighten more and more as we rode through the sad and broken neighborhoods. I watched random people walk among the streets. Men walked around, smoke floating in the air around them. Women walked around in skimpy clothing, possibly trying to make money. My heart ached for these people. They could have had a great life but the chose the wrong path.  

August points to a small trailer and tells me to pull in. I shut the engine off and look over at him expectantly. He looks back at Pat "We're home, let's go in." 

Pat smiles a bit and exits my truck. I sit in my seat, not really wanting to follow them. August holds a finger up to me, signaling he'll be back out soon. I nod. I look around me skeptically. Pat's trailer was not too big, it was about the size of an RV. It was parked in a trailer/RV park kind of situation. There were a few other campers but I didn't see any lights on. I click the lock button and sink down in my seat. After a few minutes, the silence was unbearable. I turn the radio on.  The music helped a little, but I was still very terrified.  

"He's settled in now, We can head home." August says while getting in. I jump like 10 feet. It was dark so I didn't see him walk up. "Oh sorry Willow, I didn't mean to scare you." He rubs my shoulder.

I breathe out "It's okay, I didn't see you come out." August nods and moves his hand away. 

"Again, I'm sorry I had to get you involved in all this. I should have used my bike. God damn that was stupid! Blondie I'm sorry." He covers his face with his hands. Yes, It was dumb. Very dumb. But if I had a choice to go back in time, I still would have chosen to help him. 

"August! Hey, it's okay. Yes, it was a bit scary and I'm still very confused. I am glad I was able to help. Even if it might get me in trouble. Oh well" I grab his hands. August stares into my eyes. I look into his emerald eyes. His eyes moved closer and closer to mine until we were about an inch apart. His breath fanned my face. Wait what am I doing? Is he about to kiss me? What is happening?! 

He looks down at my lips. I freeze. Just as he's about to kiss me, he jerks back. 

"Cop!" He yells. I jump back and look to my left. Oh crap. I immediately drive out of the trailer's front drive and rush away. I'm going about 80 and a cop is chasing me. This can't be happening. I take a turn which leads to the city and pray that we can lose him.  I speed up more and turn to my right. The sirens slowly fade. I take a deep breath and keep going. I don't stop until I'm on the interstate. I look over at August, who's eyes are widen in fear. I merge in front of an 18 wheeler and slow my speed. 

"We lost him." I check my rear view mirror. 

"That was awesome Blondie!" He exclaims. I laugh a little. I turn the volume up on the radio and drown out the hectic world for a while.

                                                                                                     ***

HEJ (Hello in Danish)

Once again. WOW! These chapters are getting crazy man. What did you think of #aillow's almost kiss??? 

QOTC: Favorite Season?

Mine are Summer and Winter. Speaking of winter It snowed today! Yay!!!!!! Forget Thanksgiving, Christmas is here! 

Another note* Thanks for 2k views! Keep it up with the votes <3