Chapter 1

"Girl! Party tonight at Kenny's. You going?" 

"Hell yeah! See you there!" I hung up the phone after talking to my best friend Layla. 

I'll do a quick intro. I'm Kaila and I'm a junior. I live with my grandmother because my mom didn't want me and my dad ran the minute my mom found out she was pregnant. I've spoken to her twice and both times she was drunk and asking Grams for money. Let's just say she didn't get a penny. 

I've accepted that I won't get to know my birth parents. I've got my friends and Grams and that's all I need. 

I walk into my closet and put together an outfit to wear to the party.

I'm notorious for partying, but I'm not that person who gets overly drunk and out of hand. I always come back to make sure Grams is ok an never leave my drink cup until its empty. 

I grab a cute crop top and a skirt along with a pair of heels. After straightening my hair and doing my makeup, I grab my phone and head out letting Grams know I'll be back later. 

Kenny's house is just around the block from mine so it only takes less than five minutes to get there. When I get there, Layla is already on the porch flirting with a guy. She turns and sees me walking.

"Kaila! Lookin' sexy tonight!" She runs up to me and hugs me. 

"Hey looking cute" I say gesturing to her outfit that was similar to mine except with a Scarlett skirt. 

"Warning: the trio just got here." She said gesturing behind me. 

The trio was basically three girls who were basic sluts and made their way through the football team in less than a semester. There was Olivia, Bridgette, and Tara. Olivia was like the head of their group, Bridgette was the main slut, and Tara was the airhead.

"Well, I see the trash has arrived." Olivia said putting a hand on her hip.

"Oh., hun I wouldn't call you trash. Bitch and put maybe but not trash. You're not worthy of the tin can yet." Layla snapped back. 

"Oh please shorty." Bridgette said "I don't know why you're here. I don't want to get stabbed in the back." With that they flipped their hair, yes they flipped their hair, and walked inside. 

I glanced over at Layla and put a hand on her shoulder seeing the hurt and emptiness in her eyes.

Her mom was in prison for twenty five years to life for murdering Layla's father. She had stabbed in the back with a knife five years ago because she thought he was cheating on her.

Layla doesn't like to talk about it. She lives with her older brother, Beckett, who was a sophomore in college. 

"I need a drink." She muttered grabbing my hand hauling me inside and straight to the backyard where the kegs were.