Chapter 30

Justin's POV

Six years. It's been six years and Kaila and I have made it through Senior year and college together. Granted I went to West Point while she went to a small university about an hour away and became a big competition swimmer. 

Drake and Layla are married now since he knocked her up Junior year of college. They both went to the same college as Kaila and had the cutest little son named Lance and he now has a little sister named McKayla. Hunter and Sky ended up breaking up when she moved to Alaska to study marine biology and he became the football coach at our old high school. 

Danny never changed. He took a gap year to travel and party and is finishing up his Senior year at college now. Even though he is most likely going to stay a bartender at the bar/club near campus. He dated that Tara girl before she had to move away due to family issues. 

Kaila is now a swimming instructor and coach for an all girls team locally. She is also training herself in hopes to go to the olympics. 

I got deployed to Iraq a few months after graduation. Right now I am in our plane heading home to see my beautiful girl after a little over a year of not seeing her. 

"Fields, you excited man?" My friend Bruno Roberts. We were in the same troop together and started out as rookies together as well. 

"Hell yeah! Finally get to go home and see my girl. It's been too long."

We feel the plane starting to descend and I get even more anxious to get home and see Kaila. I reach into my pocket and pull out the small black velvety box. I run my fingers over the material covering it and feel my nerves kicking in again. 

"Don't worry man. You two are stuck together like glue. Of course she'll say yes. I've seen the way you guys talk and look through the Skype camera back at the base." Bruno says. 

I nod my head and look out the window to see the tires touch the asphalt as we pull in. We get off and nod to the flight attendants and pilot who thank us for our service. 

I get off and step inside the airport looking around for my family. Then I spot her. Kaila looking all over for me, her eyes flitting nervously over all of my commanders and friends in their suits and uniforms. 

I run over to her and she finally sees me and I pick her up twirling her in the air. I bring her down to her feet and crash my mouth down on hers. 

"I missed you so much." I say as I pull away from her. She has tears in her eyes. 

"I love you so much." she said. 

"Oh, my baby!" Mom comes running over and hugs me. 

"HI mama." I say laughing. 

"Justy!" Lila who is now twelve runs up to me. I hug her and nod to Brody, her best friend who I know for a fact has a thing for her. Clueless sister of mine. 

Max comes over looking tired and grumpy at the ripe age of eighteen. Time has flown by since he is now finishing up high school and getting ready for college. 

I hug my not- so- little -anymore brother. 

I go back over to Kaila and take her in my arms. " My love, it has been to long." 

She runs her hand over the stubble on my face. "I can tell." She said laughing. 

"I have a little surprise." I said. 

"What is it?" Sh said getting excited. 

"Turn around first, and don't look until I say so." She turned around excitedly. My mom gave my a thumbs up with tears in her eyes.