Plan B: Secret Assassin (Chapter 14, Part 1)

"Is- is that really you?" Rick stuttered as he looked at your hologram body, glowing in blue, "They destroyed the simulation, you were gone."

"It's me, Honey." You reassured him.

He stepped closer and reached to touch your hand. Even though he knew it would happen, he was still saddened when his hand went through the projector light, "But how?"

"I escaped." You smiled, "I integrated my consciousness into the motherboard of the ship. With a little bit of code rewriting I was able to open doors, control the guns and cameras. Those fuckers have no idea what they're dealing with."  You noticed his scarred hands, "Oh, Honey, how could they do that to you?"

"What do you mean by 'they have no idea what they're dealing with'? What are you going to do?" He questioned.

"I'm gonna help you and your friends escape. You can use the Spaceship Port, I've already tapped into it." You replied, "Just tell me what you need me to do and I'll do it. Once you're all off of the prison, I'll blow it to pieces."

Rick shook his head, "But that means you'll die with it and I'm no letting that hap- "

"Stop, don't say that." You interrupted him, "You're alive Rick, you're important. You have to survive."

"Well, you're important to me, okay?" He addressed, "I'm not leaving this shithole without the love of my life, you got that?"

You sighed, "Rick..."

"Don't 'Rick' me! I know what I'm doing... or I'll – figure something out. I will also get my best friend back... I will." 

"Your friend Birdperson, they keep him on Level 9. I fear he's not your friend anymore, they've turned him into a killing machine."  You explained sadly.

Rick thought for a brief moment, "Is there a way for you to get through to him? Break his code, rewrite him in a way? Like you did with the other tech?"

"I can try, but I can't promise you anything. He might be too far gone."  You tried not to get his hopes up in case you wouldn't be able to get his friend back to normal. "You have to go back, they'll notice if you're gone for too long."

"Right." His face fell when he realized he had to go back to the claustrophobic cell and be separated from you once again, "I love you, Babe." 

You smiled, "I love you too, more than anything."  

-

A few minutes after Rick had returned to his cell, a gromflomite was seen passing by and looking at the security cameras in surprise, "Oh, they're back online."  He then took a few steps back and glanced through the little cell window at Rick who was calmly lying on the bed, "Did you fuck with the cameras, Sanchez?"

"Nope." Rick answered plainly, not bothering to look at him. 

"Something weird is happening to the ship all of a sudden. The laser guns never malfunctioned like that neither did the doors." The gromflomite didn't stop accusing him, "I know you did something, you piece of shit."

"It's not my fault you fuckers don't know how to properly operate your own ship." He addressed, "Instead of blaming me for no reason, you could, I don't know... concede that you're not capable of operating a giant prison full of highly dangerous prisoners and that you're not as respected as you thing you are. I'm not intimidated by you, no one is. All you guys do all day is run around and pretend you're important and rubbing it in everyone's face, when in reality, you're not."

The guard tried to keep his cool, "Well, at least I'm not behind bars."

"We'll see about that." Rick whispered.

"What?"

"Nothing."

-

Throughout the few following days Rick spent carefully thinking of a new escape plan with the best possible outcome. He also didn't share his knowledge of you controlling the ship, knowing that anyone might betray him. 

After leaving the yard everyone was making their way back to the cells, but Rick noticed that one of doors in the hallway was left open by accident. With a few quick steps towards it, he peeked inside and saw someone who he thought was dead, "Squanchy? Holy shit!" Rick went inside the room, "You're here too?"

"Rick! You psycho bag of squanch!" Squanchy stepped closer to the bars and Rick noticed he was missing an eye, "I thought you died."

"Listen, we're gonna get out of here. I have a plan," Rick spoke quickly, "and when all goes to shit, I'm gonna need you to be by my side, got it?"

Squanchy nodded, "You can always count on me."

"HEY!" A guard shouted from behind, "You're not allowed to be here!" He handcuffed Rick and started dragging him out of the room and back to his cell.

-

Rick sat on his bed for a little while, waiting for all the gromflomites to leave. When the metal doors shut loudly, he stood up and looked up at the security camera. a light on it flashed green a few times before turning completely red. 

"Babe?" He smiled lightly, "Are you listening?"

The camera pointed up, then down, as if nodding.

"Good." Rick continued, "Here's what we need to do..."

Note: Thank you for 1k votes and all the nice comments! ❤❤