Chapter 10: Departure

My eyes opened as the sun was rising. I stood up and sat on the bed for a long time, my mind completely blank. My vision was still blurry, even if my right arm came back to me during my sleep. I find the strength to walk to the bathroom and turn on the shower. I stood in there without moving until I estimated it wasn't needed anymore. On the bed rested the clothes I was wearing yesterday.

Y/N: I'm not putting this on again.

I projected on the ground new clothes. A while after, a new plain blue shirt and some black jogging pants materialized before me. I was proud of myself, smiling like an idiot until a headache made me drop on the ground.

Y/N: *Grunts* Ouchhhhhhh!

Next time make sure you have the energy left to use the power. Slender didn't warn me that pushing it to its limits was so devastating. Speaking of which.

I reach for my old pocket for the paper he passed to me right before helping our escape. He said something about a Jeff and that he was very far away, but he was our best chance at survival. The paper said it was a random address in...Montreal.

Okay, first of all, why did everyone move to Canada? And in Quebec, of all places. Nobody in our group knows how to talk French! Second of all, I was expecting his location to be far, but 6 hours from here is a little too much. How am I going to travel there without getting killed?

I sat on my bed. I have a lot of options, yet none of them were safe. Taking the plane was already cast out. There isn't an airport close enough to make it worth the risk. I also ruled out the car. I was lucky on the way here since the roads were straight and there weren't any intersections I had to consider in the escape. As soon as we enter a big city, though, I'll cause the biggest crash in the history of humanity. There wasn't a train station, or they built one when I was away and didn't call me. The only option was the bus.

Now, I rarely took one of those. Before we had a car, my mom bought the tickets because she wanted to visit a family member. Sadly, It's too far in my memory for me to remember. In the situation we are, it's our best shot of joining this Jeff unless I think of something better.

I wasn't sure how where to go for the tickets. I could ask the receptionist, or I could use my powers for an experiment. I took the second option, so I sat on my bed and prepared my mind for it.

I inspected my veins before summoning the objects. I didn't have a lot left. How do I get more mana? Jesus Christ, I'm an idiot! Well, I didn't have time to ask someone about it during the attack. Even then, why did I forget about the power for so long?

Y/N: I guess ill have to buy them at the station.

Sally: What will you buy?

Y/N: Ahhhh!

Sally was awake, Mr. D in her arms.

Y/N: Jesus Christ, that scared me!

She weakly smiled and went up to sit on the couch.

Y/N: We are moving to Montreal, and we will have to take the bus for that. I'm not driving until I'm fully confident in my abilities. And when I'm legal.

Sally: Are we going to the place Slender told us to go?

Y/N: Yeah. Why?

Sally: Can we not?

Y/N: Huh?

Sally: We don't even know this guy. It's not a good idea.

Y/N: We didn't know Slender, and we stayed with him.

Sally: We didn't have a choice. It's not the same situation today.

Y/N: But ...

Sally: Please!