Chapter 48

Song: Always

Lyrics : So say we'll be always, always.

Through the highs and lows we'll be always.

The moment Storm leaves, a figure from the shadows stands beside her watching the two cuddle on the bed as they sleep in content.

"Do you think he will do it?"

Luna stares blankly, not saying anything before she turns around to face the man. "My dearest mate, you need to help Artemis in this war."

The man purses his lips but sighs nodding. "Anything for you but if it gets out of hand, you need to show Artemis you never abandoned her."

Luna gives him a sad smile and leans her head on his shoulder as she stares at the stars. "Let's hope it doesn't."

Storm's Pov

It was not a dream like I thought it was. Why? Because I can feel it burning deep within my skin. I shift around to face Artemis and I smile staring at the love of my life. She breaths evenly, her lips formed into a pout and a slight frown on her face.

I poke the space between her brows, smoothening out the frown before placing a kiss on her forehead. She lightly smiles and cuddles close to me. I hug her tightly, trying so much not to think about what tomorrow has in store for us.

"It will be fine." I whisper into the darkness, allowing her scent and warmth lure me to sleep.

"Storm."

"Storm." A soft voice says followed by a slight shaking of my body. I groan, searching around blindly until I capture a small body before going back to sleep.

Artemis giggles, the sound softening my heart and I smile to myself tangling myself with her and tightening my hold so she doesn't move.

"C-can't b-b-breath." She gasps struggling a bit but I ignore her, squeezing even tighter until I can feel every part of my body touching hers with no space between us. I even doubt a finger could fit in the space left.

She slaps my back lightly. "Storm!" Her voice coming out muffled and I groan pulling away so I can kiss her.

"Shut up." I mumble against her lips, capturing them once again and she moans. Its her turn to tighten her hold on me now and that makes me smile.

We pull away once breathing becomes a bit difficult and I can't help staring at the swollen red lips. It looks so delectable and inviting. So that's what I do, I kiss her again until she forgets her own name and nothing but my name coming from her lips.

Don't know how long we stayed in bed just kissing and relishing in each other's arms but unfortunately we had to stop because it was time to leave.

Artemis came out of the bathroom in black leather skirt and a black leather top that looked like an armor. She had her  black knee length boots on and her her was twisted into a single braid. She kind of looked like Lara croft at this point. Her violet eyes sparkling brightly as she walked towards me with a beautiful smile on her face.

I quickly pull her in my arms burying her face in my chest and let out a deep sigh. "Why do you have to look so beautiful."

She giggles wrapping her arms around me with the left side of her face placed against my chest. I bet she can hear my fast beating heart.