Chapter 19

Artemis Pov

I couldn't sleep. I have been awake just staring at my ceiling, the thought of Storm going back being the only thing on my mind.

Don't let mate go. Red whimpers and I scoff rolling my eyes at her.

"Don't even talk to me."

I already apologized for it but can you blame me for acting like a bitch.

I give her a flat look. "Yes I can. You nearly marked him without permission."

But you stopped me. She says in an obvious tone I press my lips together raising the mental block to shut up her. Turning to my side, I stare at the window watching the sun rise behind the trees and I sigh biting hard on my lips to keep myself from crying.

He's leaving today.

*****************************************

Storm's pov

I'm really leaving today. Staring at the empty portion of my bed I frown cuddling the pillow to my chest as I inhale it.

Smells just like her.

She had been sleeping in my room for awhile now but after we came back from the pack house, she hardly looked at me and went straight to her room. I was so tempted to follow her but I didn't because it felt like she needed the space to think.

I stayed up all night waiting for her to come but she didn't and now it's almost 8 in the morning and still she hasn't even entered my room but I know she's awake.

I slowly look around the room, eyes landing on my bag in corner fully packed with my clothes and I sigh rubbing my face up and down before finally throwing the covers away and getting up.

It's nine in the morning when I finish everything, my bag in my hand as I slowly look at the room.

Fucking hell I'm acting like I won't come back here again but what if I don't? I clench my jaw, looking around the room one last time before leaving. Taking the stairs one at a time, I find Artemis in the living room staring outside as she brings the mug she's holding to her lips.

I smile watching how comfortable she looks with her legs tucked under neath her and a blanket wrapped around her shoulders. She breaths in deeply a content smile on her face as she slowly faces me, eyes lightening up.

"Hi." I say and she stands up, the blanket falling from her shoulders as she sets the mug on the table walking towards me.

She stops in front of me lowering her eyes as she tucks her hair behind her ear. "Hi."

My hands itch to do something and I slowly raise it, tilting her chin up. Her lips part slowly violet eyes searching my grey eyes and I cup her cheek resting my forehead on hers. "I don't know why I'm feeling this way."

"What way?" She murmurs lowly licking her lips and I glance at it gulping.

"Feeling as if my heart is being ripped out." I whisper pulling back to stare into her eyes and she bites her lips slowly nodding her head.

"I feel it too." She mumbles looking up into my eyes and I clench my jaw, breathing deeply and releasing it out.

She steps back smiling at me. "Selena would be here any minute."

"Is she coming with us?" I question following her into the kitchen and she nods grabbing her car keys. Just then the sound of the front door opens and Selena walks into the kitchen a smile on her face.

"Storm, Artemis." She greets staring between the two of us for a minute before she rolls her eyes pointing to us. "You're acting as if you aren't going to see each other again but you will."