Chapter 21

Storm's Pov

The silence in the room is deafening and worry soon overtakes me when Artemis pulls away from me standing all the way to my door.

Okay I wasn't expecting this.

She chews on her lower lip, eyes looking everywhere but my face. "I don't think it's a good idea."

What?

I wet my lips brows pulled together, disbelief clear on my face. "Excuse me?"

She sighs pushing her hair from her face and looks up at me uncertainly. "You aren't-

I raise my hand cutting her off and she shuts up pursing her lips at me. I expected this to go much differently than what is happening right now.

"I thought this is what you wanted?" I respond my forehead scrunching up in confusion.

She huffs placing her hands on her hips, lips pressed into a thin line. "Of course I do!" She exclaims loudly. "But I don't want you to regret your decision."

I sigh, palm upward, crooking my index finger in a come here gesture beckoning her to me. She hesitates for a minute before sighing walking slowly towards the bed. I grasp her wrist pulling her down and she let's out a startled yelp straddling me and placing her palm on my shoulder to steady herself.

I scoot back, leaning against the headboard, one arm wrapped tightly around her waist and the other cups her cheek bringing her face closer to mine. "I thought about this."

She opens her mouth to speak but I interrupt her. "Let me finish." I murmur and she nods in the 'go on' gesture. I gulp taking deep breaths. "I thought about everything that happened and to be honest I wasn't really on board with the idea of you having to mark me but then it just hit me, I really want to be with you Artemis."

Placing a feather like kiss on her nose and it twitches a bit causing me to grin. "I like you a lot with or without your mark and I want to be with you. I had time to think about if I'm ready to lead a pack but then I realized I have you by my side so it will be fine. So please mark me so I can finally bind myself to you because there is no way I'm ever letting you go." I whisper.

She sucks in a breath, eye wide and she rests her forehead against mine, a large smile adorning her face. "I like you too." and pulls back placing a kiss on my jaw.

I suck in a breath, tightening my grip on her waist. She pulls back looking into my eyes, a little frown on her face. "Are you sure about this?"

Nodding my head firmly and she sighs searching my eyes one last time. "It's going to hurt a bit but it will be better after." She murmurs leaning forward and tilting my head to the side. I take in shaky breaths when her lips slowly brush against the skin of my neck, placing tiny kisses on it, she laps her tongue underneath my jawline and I shiver squeezing her waist tightly.

"Found it." She whispers against the skin and pulls back, tugging on the ends of my hair, eyes shifting between violet and red as she let's out a shaky breath. "Ready Storm?"

"Do it." She purses her lips at me nodding, her eyes finally resting on vibrant violet, as she opens her mouth, elongated canines flashing in the light and she brings her head back to my neck heading straight for the spot she found.

She hesitates and I open my mouth ready to tell her it's okay and that's when I feel it, her teeth sinking into my neck. I clench the sheets tightly in my fist, my jaw tightening as my face scrunches up in pain.

Hurt a bit my ass, this is worse than having a broken leg.

She grips my shoulders steadying me from thrashing in her hold, my arm around her waist tightens even more. It sure as hell going to leave a mark on her skin.