Chapter 9

Storm's Pov

This has got to be the longest car ride ever, it feels like we are moving in circles. Glancing at a completely calm looking Ollie I wonder if he is just messing with me.

"Haven't we gotten there yet?" He shrugs not even bothering to answer my question. "Seriously how far is this place?"

Ollie sighs,"To be honest we passed the place." I open my mouth to curse at him but he lifts his finger stopping me. "Let's just say it's payback although I definitely know I'm going to regret but don't worry we're almost there." I shake my head at him.

"Can I ask you something?" I ask and he nods his head at me. "Does Artemis have you know powers?" I whisper the last part out.

"Why do you ask?"

"Well the way she spoke to you guys the last time and you just obeyed." He stares at me for a minute before bringing his gaze back to the road.

"I wouldn't call it powers. It's more of an alpha command." He explains.

Scrunching my face in confusion, "What is that supposed to mean?"

"We're here." He says suddenly.

I stare at the long stretch of trees surrounding the whole place, tilting my head in curiosity I ask him." Where exactly because all I can see is trees." I point out. He rolls his eyes at me, unlocking his door and getting out. I follow suit because in the horror movies the one who stays in the car dies first and I know it's not my time.

I follow him as we walk deeper into the quiet forest, the sound of my shoes can only be heard not even Ollie's shoes make noise. He stops suddenly looking around for a minute before turning to grin at me.

"Okay we're here."

Watching him as if he is crazy I put my hands on my waist and glare at him. "For the last time there's nothing here!"

He smirks at me nodding his head, "True but just walk between those trees." Turning to where he is pointing I look at the two tall trees heck they are even bigger than the ones we passed by. Ollie notices my hesitancy to go there and pushes me roughly, I flip him off but nonetheless starting walking towards them. The moment I walk through them I immediately feel a shift in the atmosphere like the first time I met Artemis. I start moving forward but Ollie grabs my arm stopping me from wherever it is I was going.

He shakes his head at me and points to a different direction. "We're going to Artemis house." I nod my head and follow him. We walk for some few minutes before a house comes into view. I stare at the huge house in front of me and my jaw drops.

Ollie snorts at the look on my face. "Yeah I know."

"Does she live here alone?"

"Yeah but sometimes I and Selena come to visit but most at times she does stay alone. Artemis likes to be away from everyone." He says.

Frowning at him, "Doesn't she feel lonely?"

He shrugs opening the door. "Not anymore." I walk inside the house and the first thing I see is Artemis standing there glaring at only who I can assume is Ollie. Selena smiles and waves at me. I return the gesture feeling a bit awkward.

"Hey Artemis." Ollie drawls out in a high pitched voice. The glare on her face doesn't lessen, gosh I hope that I don't ever face that she's even scarier than my mother. Ollie walks towards her slowly raising his hand in surrender at her. "I can explain."

"Oh really?" She says softly still glaring and tapping her feet on the ground. I stare at her wondering how her voice is so soft even though she looks pissed.