Chapter Twenty Nine

Candance walks into Connors room and smiles at the scene. Pantheras body is draped over Connor’s while he's holding her paw to his chest. Panthera’s head shoots up and Candance backs up. “Sorry, I just needed to come and get Connor up for breakfast before school.” Candance says. Panthera bends down and licks Connors cheek before getting up. Connor groans before sitting up. “Time for school.” Canadance says, holding up his clothes. Connor groans before getting up and grabbing the clothes. He stomps off to the bathroom and shuts the door. Candance laughs and walks downstairs, Panthera following her. Candance cooks and tosses Panthera some food. “Can you watch him at school. I want him to be safe.” Candance says. Panthera nods and Connor walks in. Candance gives him breakfast and Panthera watches. “Can Luna bring me to school?” Connor says suddenly. Candance chokes and Panthera looks over. “Um, I don't know if that's a good idea.” Candance says. “Please mom?” Connor begs. Candance sighs before nodding. “Thank you so much mom!” Connor says, throwing his arms around Candance. “Let's go Luna.” Connor says, putting on his backpack. Panthera walks outside and Connor climbs on her back. Panthera runs off and the bus turns on the road. Panthera chases the bus, running beside it in the woods. She follows it to the school and Connor gets off her back. “See you later Luna. Can you come get me at 3?” Connor asks. Panthera rubs her head against his stomach and he laughs. “Bye Luna.” he says, running off and waving. Panthera watches as he runs into the school just as the bell rings. Panthera turns around to run off when she remembers what Candance says. “How am I supposed to watch him.” Panthera thinks to herself. “Artemis.” Panthera says. Artemis pops up and Panthera smiles. “Is there any way i can shift into something small, like maybe a cat or dog or something so I can watch Connor like Candance wants?” Panthera says. “Imagine being one of them and you can do it.” Artemis says. Panthera imagines a tiny little black cat and she shifts. She looks at her paw and her tiny body. She meows a thank you to Artemis before running inside. She finds Connor’s scent and follows it to a classroom. She sits under a bench next to the door and waits. A bell rings and he walks out. She follows him around all day and at the end of the day, she runs outside and sits in the exact place he left her. He runs out and runs right up to her. “Let's go home, he says smiling. Panthera runs off and Connor smiles. She gets home and Connor climbs off.