1❀

I wake up with a slight weight on my chest

     I wake up with a slight weight on my chest. My eyes are still closed because it's extremely bright outside. I peel one eye open and look at my chest to see my 4-year-old daughter, Echo, sleeping on my chest. Her beige bonnet slightly falling behind her edges. I pull her bonnet back up and reach for my phone on my bedside table. The time is 6:40 and it's a Saturday.

     I start my courses on Monday. I'm majoring in nursing so I could become an RN (Registered Nurse). I look down at my little girl again and she is knocked out sleep.

     I carefully peel myself out of bed so I can start making breakfast without waking her up. I pull the blanket on her again and tuck her in, kissing her forehead. I walk to my bathroom and begin brushing my teeth with my bamboo toothbrush.

     I begin to wash my face when I hear little footsteps peddle against my wood floor.

     "Mommy?" My baby asks, looking up at me while rubbing her doe eyes with her fists.

     "G'morning baby. Did I wake you up?" I coo at her, walking towards her while she makes grabby hands at me.

     "Nuh-uh. I can't sleep without you." She says as I pick her up and rest her on my hip. She lays her hair on my shoulder as I walk back into my bathroom. I kiss her chubby cheek, causing her to burst into a fit of giggles.

     I brush her teeth and set her on the counter right next to the sink. I start to do my skincare routine for the second time this morning before she starts whining.

     "Mommy! I want uppies." She whines, making grabby hands and pouting her lips.

     "Baby, mommy has to wash her face. You can have uppies right after I finish, m'kay?" I say, trying to negotiate with her. She just huffs and crosses her arms across her chest, nodding.

     I finish my skincare routine and pick up my whining toddler from under her armpits. She wraps her tiny arms around my neck and kisses my cheek. I smile at her and walk towards the kitchen.

❀❀❀

     I cooked breakfast with Echo on my hip the entire time. I cooked myself an egg sandwich and I just made her some french toast sticks with maple syrup. She's a very picky eater. Just like her mama.

     I place her in the living room and give her the iPad so I could do some cleaning around the house and take my shower. As I begin to walk towards my bedroom, my phone buzzes from my cardigan pocket. I check my phone and see that I got a text message from both of my best friends. Shaylin, and Nie.