26❀

"D-dad?"

"D-dad?"

"Phoebe? Flower? Oh my God, it's actually you. Can we meet somewhere to talk? Please?"

"I don't know." I stammer.

I hear him sigh on the other end of the phone.

"I get that. I'm really sorry for everything. I shouldn't have left. Can we stay in contact? I just want to know my daughter." I heard his voice crack and it nearly broke my heart.

"Okay. Can I uh- call you later? I'm kind of busy right now."

"Yeah! Of course. Thank you so much! I promise I'll make this all up to you."

I could practically hear his smile through the phone.

"Bye, Dad."

"Bye, Phoebe."

❀❀❀

"Baby? Are you okay? You keep zoning out?" Zameer says softly, rubbing my back.

We were currently out grocery shopping. Little Echo was sitting in the cart playing on my phone, and Zameer was right next to me.

"Yeah, I'm fine sorry. Just thinking."

"About?"

"Daddy! I have strawberry milk?" Echo asks in her cute little voice.

"We'll talk about this later," He whispers in my ear before kissing the side of my head. "Of course, baby. Which kind do you want?"

"The o-one with the cow!"

Me and Zameer both chuckle at her excitement before he kisses her forehead and puts the milk in the cart.

"Zameer?"

"Daddy?"

"Mere?"

Three deep voices all speak at the same time, making all three of us look over to the front of the aisle.

Three men were standing there with a cart full of junk, boxers, shaving cream, and a razor.

The tallest out of the three spoke.

"Aw, is this the little bee I was on the phone with?" He asks, looking at Echo.

     Umm.

"I remember you! You said I was gorgeous!" Echo exclaims, throwing her hands in the air.

Everyone chuckles at her before the three walk closer to us.

"Well isn't this a coincidence?" The only white one out of them smirked.

"Emilio, do not." Zameer says sternly.

  Ah, this must be his friends. He never mentioned them.

"So is this the student?" The shortest one spoke.