16❀

"Echo! Leave the dog alone!" I whisper shout at my little girl who is now petting some random lady's dog

We were currently at the airport. I was extremely nervous to meet Zameer's parents, but he assured me by saying that they would love me and Echo.

Zameer was going to go get us food while Echo and I just sat at the airport. I was sleep-deprived and she was energetic, as per usual.

"Mommy! Look at how cute it is!" She squeals, crouching down to pet it again.

I shake my head at her and pick her up.

"I'm so sorry about her miss!" I apologize to the nice-looking old lady.

"Oh, you're fine! This little brat I've got here loves the attention." She kindly responds, referring to her dog as a brat.

Echo giggles at this and I chuckle as well.

"Is she yours?" She asks, smiling at Echo who cheeses at her.

"Yes, she is."

"She is the cutest little thing ever! You are lucky. I've never got a chance to have grandbabies, my son was Autistic, and apparently, that was a turn-off for most ladies." She smiles sadly at us. I want to cry. That is so sad.

"I'm so sorry to hear that miss."

"Oh, don't worry about it. The pressure got too much for him and he sadly committed suicide last year." She explains, beginning to tear up. I tear up a bit too.

"Can I give you a hug?" I got the sudden urge to hug her, and truthfully, I needed one too.

"Oh, of course, sweetheart!"

I walk over to her and wrap my arms around her sitting figure, in which she does the same to me. Little Echo eventually joins in and hugs the lady's legs, making both of us chuckle.

We eventually pull away from our group hug, making Echo pout.

"What's your name?" Echo asks the lady. "I'm Echo!"

The lady chuckles at her before responding.

"I'm Rosalind. What's your name, sweet girl?" The lady asks, looking up at me.

"I'm Phoebe."

"Ah, are you aware of the meaning behind your name?"

"Uhm, no? Should I be worried?"

She laughs at this, with a spark in her eyes.

"Definitely not, Phoebe actually means, 'bright' or, 'shining.' You should embrace that. It's something to brag about, you seem to live up to your name. You give off nice vibes." She explains, looking up at me and smiling once again.