12❀

Zameer was holding two bags that looks liked they had food in them, and he was wearing a white t-shirt and grey joggers

     Zameer was holding two bags that looks liked they had food in them, and he was wearing a white t-shirt and grey joggers. Good lord-

     "Um, what are you doing here?" I ask awkwardly.

     "I came to talk to you. Also, I have food." He says, scratching the back of his neck. Well, this is awkward.

     "Uh, come in," I state, giving him a small smile. He gives me a smile back and he walks into my apartment

     We walk over to my kitchen so he can put the bag on the counter. Once he puts the bags down, we walk to the living room where Echo is no longer there, but I see her room door closed which was open before.

     We sit on my couch, a comfortable difference from each other.

     "I'm sorry-" I start at the same time he says,

     "So"

     We both chuckle a little and I say, "You go first."

      "Why didn't you tell me?" He says, sounding hurt in the tone of his voice.

     "I didn't want you to think I was just an irresponsible teen," I say quietly, looking down at my lap.

     "Phoebe," He says, scooting closer to me, "I wouldn't think that of you. Sure, I'd be a little curious, but I would never think of you as irresponsible. You should've told me."

     "I'm really sorry. You shouldn't have had to find out that way. I was going to tell you I swear." I say looking up into his eyes.

     "I believe you, baby." He says, lifting up my chin and leaning in to kiss me.

     He gives me soft pecks on my lips repeatedly and I was in such a state of bliss that I didn't hear Echo waltzing in.

     "Daddy?" She innocently says, looking up at him with her brown doe eyes. My cheeks flush in embarrassment.

     "No, he is not your da-"

     "Well hello there, little baby."

     "Hello!" She responds cutely, cheesing at him. I look over to him and see him with the biggest smile on his face and a little sparkle in his eyes. Oh wow-

     "Are you my daddy?" She asks, looking up at him with a spark of hope in her eyes.

     "Not yet little one." He says, smirking slightly. He said yet oh lord-

     "Oh, okie! What's your name? Mine is Echo!" She exclaims, smiling once again.

     "I'm Zameer, but you can call me Zee."

     "You're Zameer? Mommy always talks about how pretty you ar-" I cut her off by covering her mouth with my hand and giggling nervously.

     "Don't tell mommy's business," I say, giving her a fake little smile to which she giggles at.