7❀

It was currently Saturday

     It was currently Saturday. Me and the girls, Nie and Shay, were currently on our way to the movies. I'm a bit nervous because Shay is a bit.

     Straightforward?

     I don't want Jade to get too intimidated by her, even if she does give off weird vibes.

     "Can we just stand her up? What if she tries to join the friend group?" Shay whines, looking up from her phone.

     "No! We are going to be nice to this girl," I say, trying to keep my eyes on the road.

     "Phoebe, with all due respect, she probably doesn't like you. She was very passive-aggressive in class the other day." Nie exclaims, chewing her gum.

     "Maybe she was just shy?" I say, trying to defend her weird actions.

     "Whatever. Let's just see how today goes," Shay sighs, going back on her phone.

❀❀❀

     "Is your hair real? It looks so exotic!" Jade exclaims, pushing her hands forward to touch it. The movie ended and we were currently walking to the mall. Needless to say, it was the worst movie I've ever seen in my life. There was no plot whatsoever and freaking Jade was just taking selfies the entire time. With the flash on. I should've asked for security.

     "Yes, my hair is natural," I explain, fighting the urge to roll my eyes.

     "Oh, okay." She replies, walking happily. Shay has been silent this entire time, giving Jade glares every once and a while. Nie has been on her phone. The entire time. The air is very tense, to say the least.

     "There's the mall! Walk faster, you slowpokes!" Jade jokes, speed walking.

     "There's the mall, walk faster you slowpokes" Nie mocks in an obnoxiously high voice.

     "Be nice! It'll be over soon." I whisper to Nie, causing Shay to glare at me for some unknown reason.

     We arrive at the mall and agree to get some food at the food court in the middle of our shopping trip.

     "So, Phoebe," Jade starts, sitting down at the empty table we found, "Your profile picture on Instagram is a cute little girl! Is that your little sister? She looks just like you!" She says in an excited tone.

     "No, she's actually my daughter," I explain, scratching the back of my neck.

     "Oh. How old is she?" She replies, with a little bit of judgment in her tone.

     "Four," I respond, taking a bite out of my food.

     "How old were you when you had her? Wheres her father?" She began to pry.

     "I don't really think that's any of your business, Quartz," Shay exclaims in an accusing tone, taking a bite out of her chicken tender dipped in ranch.