27❀

"Daddy! Put me down!"

     "Mm, I don't think I want to."

     Echo giggles sweetly as Zameer holds her in the air as he lays his back on the bed.

     He pushes his arms up and down with her floating in that air, him kissing her nose each time she comes down.

     I take a picture of the moment before getting off the bed and walking into my bathroom.

     Today, I planned to meet with my father at a restaurant near my apartment complex.

     To say I was nervous was an understatement.

     I'm not bringing Echo with me, as he doesn't know I have a daughter. I don't want to drop too many things on him at once. Well, that's if this whole thing goes well.

     I quickly do my morning routine and get dressed before walking out of the bathroom.

     I hear Echo's little voice come from the kitchen and Zameer's deep, velvety laugh.

     I walk out of my room and into the living room, tying my hair up into a bun.

     "Mommy! Daddy said he'll get me ice cream if I good!" Echo squeals, reaching her small arms out to me.

     I walk over to her and swoop her into my arms, making her giggle loudly and lazily wrap them around my neck.

     "Wow, baby! You'll be good, won't you?" I joke, tickling her little belly.

     She giggles even louder, pushing her hands against my chest.

     "Yes! I be very good!" She exclaims, giving me a toothy grin.

     I kiss her chubby cheek, set her in her high chair, and walk over to where Zameer is cooking on the stove.

     As I get closer to him, he gently grabs my wrists and pulls me closer to him.

      "Goodmorning, Baby." He rasps out in my ear, kissing it in the process.

     I blush as he wraps his arms around my waist, burying my now pink face into his chest.

     "Goodmorning."

     I wrap my arms around him before placing a kiss on his bare chest.

     I feel his body quickly heat up. I look up at him to see a pink hue appear on his cheeks.

     "Are you- Are you blushing?" I fake gasp, lightly slapping his chest.

     He playfully rolls his eyes before shaking his head with a slight chuckle.

     "Are you sure you don't want me to come today? What if he's psychotic or a drug addict or a male prostitu-"

     "Zameer! I'll be fine. I'll have your number on speed dial if it makes you feel better." I say jokingly.