6❀

"Mommy!" Echo whines loudly, crying her eyes out

     "I know baby, I know. It'll be over soon."

     Echo is currently sobbing because she stubbed her toe while we were playing hide and seek.

     "Echo, baby, would ice cream make you feel better?" I say, trying to comfort the screeching toddler. She instantly stops crying in my arms and wipes her wet eyes, nodding her head with a pout on her little lips. I kiss her little nose and walk into my kitchen, grabbing a tub of mint chocolate chip ice cream and some chocolate syrup.

     I hold her on my hip while I prepare a bowl of her ice cream. She claps her little hands together once I drizzle the syrup on top and starts bouncing on my hip, making me smile. I guess she forgot about her toe.

❀❀❀

     "Settle down everyone. We have a new student enrolling in our class, her name is Jade. Everyone, please be nice to her." Professor Abboud says in his normal bored tone. Nie drools over his husky voice once again while I just roll my eyes at her. He looks fine as always, which I can't deny.

     After our silent argument, a girl walks into the classroom. She's pretty tall, I'd say about 5'7. She has blonde hair and she's wearing a green dress. She skims the classroom with her eyes and they land on the empty seat next to me. She gives a soft smile which looks very forced, but maybe I'm just being to judge. She walks over to the seat completely silent, making Professor Abboud put his head forward and squint his eyes a little like he was confused. I mean, I guess we all are. She didn't even introduce herself.

     "Are you gonna introduce yourself or what?" A male student shouts out.

     "Oh, I'm so sorry! My name is Jade Crystal, I'm Italian, and I got bullied at my old school for being short." She says, in what sounds like a forced voice. She puts her hands up to her face to hide what I assumed to be a blush. Literally, what is going on?

     "She's not even short." Nie whispers, leaning over to me. We both start to giggle a bit. Jade finally arrives at the seat, causing Nie to groan. I elbow her side.

     "Hi! Is anyone sitting here?" She asks, in a high-pitched voice.

     "Um, no. You can sit there." I say, nicely, giving her a small smile. She tilts her head and smiles back at me before sitting down.

     Professor Abboud starts talking about his lesson and I feel Jade's eyes analyzing me. Should I say something?

     "Are you wearing makeup?" She suddenly whispers, staring intensely at me.

     "Umm, no?" I respond, trying to focus on the lesson.

     "Are you sure? It's okay if you do! I just prefer not to. I like being natural." She replies to me, giving me a fake smile.