part 8

No proof reading.

Some old wounds never truly heal and bleed again at slightest words.

It was late night and karan was in his bed suffering from a bad stomach ache. He somehow managed to escape dinner and now was laying down on his bed clutching his stomach tightly. That's when manan walked in with a sympathetic look carrying medicines and khichdi with them.

Seeing them Karan sat straight on his bed cause he was still not aware of them knowing of aarav's biryani.

Nandini-( putting food on the bed) are you okay baby?

Karan-(smiling) yeah maa, what would happen to me? I'm all good!

Manik-(sighing) Karan, we know what type of biryani aarav made. It was definitely not edible. Your maa tasted it already but she didn't tell aarav cause he was looking way too excited for it.

For the next few seconds, no one spoke anything but then Karan's shrill shout made them startled.

Karan was standing on the bed with hands on his waist.

Karan-(angrily pouting+ dramatically shouting) this is soo sooo unfair ma! You love that temple guy more. You knew I'm going to eat this but still you didn't tell him about this...so mean! What did you want to do with me? Kill me with that stupid biryani. That brat killed my taste buds and YOU supported him in it.

Manik was finding it hard to control his laugh while Nandini was standing shocked, trying to process the situation.

Nandini- baby, listen-

Karan-(Cutting her in between) NONONO don't baby me Nandini Manik Malhotra, you love that temple guy and not me! Period. I'm not going to talk with you now. Huh. Owww my stomach

He said last line clutching his stomach cause it was a pretty bad ache while manik left out a giggle but soon stopped seeing nandini glaring at him.

Karan sat down on a bed with a thud like an angry kid while Nandini pouted looking at him.

She walked closer towards him and holds her ears looking at him sadly.

Nandini-(lovingly) I'm sorry baby, I thought you won't eat that food so I didn't say anything to aarav at that time.  Please forgive me jaano

Karan-(pouting) that brat was so excited, I couldn't say no to him.

Manik-(laughing) so what lesson we learned today Karan?

Karan-(sighing) to never be mad at temple guy or else he will make such blah food for you which won't allow you to eat for so many upcoming days.

Both Manik and Nandini giggle while karan whine and complaint about the "blah food" to them all the while eating his khichdi.

***********************************

Another side aarav who was surfing through his SNS felt thirsty. He looked beside to see an empty jug on his side table.

He got up and went down to the kitchen when he saw a bowl was placed there and a little bit of biryani was there. He got excited and walked towards it but stopped hearing a voice. He turned around to see myrah standing at the door.

Myrah- what are you doing here temple guy?

Aarav- paani pine aaya tha, biryani dikh gyi. It's the same one which I made.
(Came here to drink water, but saw biryani instead)