part 16 (last chapter)

There is no real ending. It's just the place where you stop the story."

After 2 years

Things have changed a lot in these 2 years. The whole younger clan achieved Heights of success. Mrudula too has come back from the states after getting 2 years of work experience. Her PhD is yet to complete which she will do from Mumbai only. Ahaan has become an integral part of Malhotra's life. Karan aarav and ahaan are like three inseparable brothers. The way myrah is important to aarav and Karan, in the same way, they treat ahaan too. Just like a younger brother and myrah can't be happier with this fact.

Manan's 27th-anniversary celebration was going on in the Malhotra mansion. The younger clan decided to do all the work. As big industrialists, doctors, relatives and friends were invited cause of which they booked an entire resort to celebrate it. 

Everyone was enjoying the party but aarav and Karan were looking hell nervous since morning. They were stammering while talking with people, getting lost in their thoughts in between the conversations making everyone in the family doubt their mental stability.

As soon as the host announced that dinner is ready and guests can move towards the dining area, both of them ran on stage at the same time and stopped everyone.

Karan- wait everyone, we request you to stay here for a while cause we have a very important confession to make.

Aarav-yes and we will really appreciate it if you guys will co-operate.

Seeing everyone agreed and their family members confused, both of them give each other a look before calling aradhya and Mrudula on stage.

Aarav-(still speaking on Mike) you are an hour elder to me. You go first.

Karan glares at him as he never acknowledges the fact that he is younger till now but today he knows who is elder.

Karan-(sighing) fine.

Nandini-(whispering in Manik's ear) what are they gonna do Mani?

Manik-how would I know Jaan? Let's see.

Karan bend down Infront of Mrudula and holds both of her hands tightly giving everyone an idea of what he is going to do

Karan- Mrudula Ram Kapoor, I seriously don't know what I want to say or maybe I know but I don't know how should I do this but still I want to try. Remember? We were 14 years old and were watching some stupid romantic Bollywood film when you told me that you don't want your man to get all those expensive things for you but you want him to celebrate little things with you? That you don't want any grand proposals but you do want everyone you love to be a part of it and I told you how rubbish such things are. I said all that just to tease you but I heard you that day Jaan and I remember it till date. Why? Even I asked myself the same question that time and I thought maybe because I wanted to be the man you were talking about that day or maybe because I wanted to tell your man about your wishes as your best friend. When I thought about the latter one it made me so uncomfortable, so jealous that I can't even tell you but the former one? It felt good, it felt... beautiful.
You came in my life when I had no one, neither friends nor family and you chose to become both for me. I was not the same guy I am today. I was someone who was dumb, who was insecure, who was failing his classes, who was a silent nerdy boy. I wasn't the guy you saw in movies but you still chose me. Out of everyone, you stood for me. You made me fight my insecurities, my negative thoughts, you made me believe in love. You made me believe that no matter in what part of world we are, we are going to choose each other every damn time. You made me meet your Mom Dad, you become my father's support system as well, his Kiddo and now after all these years, I want you to become someone else too.
I WANT YOU TO BE MY WIFE MRUDULA RAM KAPOOR, I WANT YOU TO BECOME MRUDULA KARAN MALHOTRA, WILL YOU MARRY ME JAAN?