She Knows

Act 1 Scene 10 ————————"Well someone is lying

Act 1
Scene 10
————————
"Well someone is lying."
—————————-

A day. It had been a day since your kidnapping by Camilo. After an hour, you returned safely to your sweet abode you called casita.

"Well someone is lying."

The words played in repeat in your head. What did that mean? Your family's past wasn't as it seemed? Either the Madrigal Abuela or your own was lying straight into their family's face. It had to be the Madrigal Abuela, your kind Abuela would never.

You paced around your room anxiously. Someone had to know the truth. Or were you all bundled up and caught up in the lie?

"There has to be something.." you think aloud.

Suddenly, one of the many doors in your room opened.

You let out a small screech at the abruptness. You turned to look at the door and there stood your Tía Paola. She carried a woven laundry basket as well as her signature notepad, her dress also covered in splattered paint.

"Ah- Tía Paola, it's just you! You should've knocked. You scared me." You laughed nervously.

She walks in. "Knock? Why, is there something you're hiding Y/n? Something you don't want any of us to know?" She asks ominously as she bends and picks up a few of the stray pieces of clothes that lay around your room.

"Wha-wha-whaaaaat?" You stumbled over your words. "Tía, what are you on about?"

She pauses before picking up a dirty skirt. "I'm jus' teasing you. Although.. you have seemed a little jumpy ever since yesterday. Anything on your mind?" She gives you the side eye.

She knows.

Oh no, she knows.

"Aha.. Tía.. I don't know what you're talking about..!"

"Hm." She hums as if she doesn't buy it and puts all her attention on the laundry again.

You stand awkwardly as you watch Tia Paola pick up your clothes extremely slowly.

Don't do it. Don't do it.

You tell yourself.

"Uh.. Tía? Can I ask you a question."

You did it.

You mentally slap yourself.

Your Tia offers a small, sly grin, almost as if she expected this. "Anything."

You take a deep breath in, shut your eyes and exhale longingly. "Hypothetically, ifitalkedtoaMadrigalandfoundoutthatmaybeourfamilyhistoryisn'twhatitseemsandineedtofindoutmoreaboutAbuelo,wherewouldigo??" You speak quickly without taking a breath.

(Translation: Hypothetically, if I talked to a Madrigal and found out that maybe our family history isn't what it seems and I need to find out more about Abuelo, where would I go??)

You opened one of your eyes, expecting your Tía to be surprised or maybe even leave to tell the rest of the family that you had broken the rules by speaking to a Madrigal, but no.

She had an amused grin and squinted eyes now, which completely threw you off. "I know."

You blink, stunned. "You know..? Know what??"

"I know about you and that little Madrigal kid."

"Wha- how??"

"Oh please, Y/n. I saw you and him at the ceremony with him. And yesterday, I saw you running with him across town. Do you think I'm dense?" She places a hand on her hip.

"Ay Tía! Have you told anyone?? Please don't tell me you've told anyone, Mami and Papi would kill me if-"

"Cálmate. I haven't told anyone, and I won't tell anyone."

You look at her in disbelief. "Why?"

"Why what?"

"Why are you keeping it a secret? Don't you hate the Madrigals too?" You ask suspiciously.

She sighs. "I too had a young love once. Forbidden too.. I know what's it like."

Your face burns up at the mention of the 'L' word. "Love?? Where'd that come from??"

She looks at me confused. "Aren't you and that boy a thing?"

"No?? We're just friends! I don't know where you got that from.."

"Ah, so it hasn't happened yet." She says vaguely and ominously.

"What hasn't happened??"

"You'll see."

——————
A bit late but I did it! New chapter for u guys 💪