A Serious Talk

Act 3Scene 3 "I'll make sure my grandson never sees you again

Act 3
Scene 3
"I'll make sure my grandson never sees you again."
——————-

The walk is silent, and awkward. You could feel the stares of multiple family members on you. But alas, you made it to your house. Your mother still held on to your shoulder and led you to the living room. Everyone followed.

You knew where this was going..

"Sit." Your father instructed.

You sighed as you took a seat on a medium sized couch. Your Tía Paola took the spot beside you. The adult couples sat at the other sofas, the grandkids sat on their own seperate chairs, and Abuela sat on her special rocking chair.

You observed everyone's facial expression. Everyone had a look of disappointment of anger, except Paola and Abuela. Abuela had stayed quiet on the matter and kept a neutral face throughout it all.

"How long has this been going on?" Your dad questions. The steepness in his voice made you a bit uncomfortable. You gripped your knees and avoided eye contact with him as much as possible. "I don't-.."

"I asked how long has this been going on." He repeats.

You take a deep breath in as your fingernails dig into your knees. "I've uhm.. been meeting him ever since the party.." your voice trails off as you shut your eyes, ready for the yelling that was sure to come.

"The party? The gift ceremony?!"

You nod slowly, opening your eyes.

"I knew it..." You hear Diego mutter.

"You've been meeting with him ever since their gift ceremony?!" He raises his voice.

"That was like a month ago!" Tía Sol gasps.

"You've been seeing a Madrigal for a month?!" Your Mather joins in on the conversation.

"Well.. no.. we didn't start dating until a little more than a week ago.." you correct her, which didn't seem to be such a good idea.

"Oh now you're being a smart-ass with me young lady?!"

"Jazmine- Is that necessary?" Paola speaks up.

"Stay out of the Paola." Your mother warns.

'Okay.' Paola mouths as she raises her hands up in defense.

The attention all went back to you. Your father sighs as he rubs his temples. "I just- I don't get it! Out of everyone, a Madrigal? Y/n. I thought we taught you better than this."

"But papa, he's not a bad person-"

"He's a Madrigal!" He shouts.

You shut your mouth.

"Look Y/n. We're just trying to do what's best for you." He takes a deep breath. "And that means.. you're never aloud to see that boy ever again."

—————

So so sorry for not updating yesterday and even more sorry for the short chapter today! I've been super stressed with school this week and I needed to take a small break.