Unexpected Encounter

Your reaction time was slow. Slower than usual. 

Apparently, so was the figure's.

Both of you screamed as you both toppled inside the fountain. Unaware of what had happened, you jerked your head, hitting both the top part of the fountain and the figure's head. You both yelled out in pain.

One of your talents was overreacting, so you laid in pain under the 6 inches of water, hoping to stay there forever. 

The figure however, seemed not affected as it quickly got out of the dirty water and checked up on itself, making sure it hadn't broken anything, and quickly readjusting its hair.

Only then it turned to you and asked, "Need a little help, bonita, or are you going to stay there forever?"

"The fountain water is relaxing in this heat, thank you very much," you shot back, then realizing how stupid you sounded.

The figure laughed, taking your hand and leading you out of the fountain. "I'm so sorry, heh. I was just--"

"Yeah, yeah. I'm kind of busy right now." You responded back to the figure, which you now realized was a very familiar face.

"Oh gosh! Wait till I tell my brothers! It's the grem---I mean, that guy," you caught yourself as you realized that the boy in the mural at the front of the town was the 'gremlin' you had been laughing at just moments before.

"Are you new here? I've never seen you around these parts before. And I know what you were about to call me. Trust me, I've heard worse things," the curly headed boy responded as he smirked and wringed out his yellow ruana.

Embarrassed, your face turned into a dark shade of purple as you said, "I'm sorry...I really am...in my defense you do look kind of....strange...In the mural,  I mean. You're actually very cute--what am I saying?"

The boy pretended he didn't hear, but it was obvious that he had heard by the way he grinned and hid his face from you. To spare you from further embarrassment, he extended his hand towards you and said, "I'm Camilo Madrigal, what's your name?"