Truth or Dare

Camilo had left earlier. Thankfully, you had been around for a few rounds of truth or dare, which you played with your brothers and him in the living room after you got your abuela to bed. You had gotten through (suprisingly) 5 rounds of truths, and no one asked a single question about the situation earlier. Everything was going smoothly until Camilo piped up.

"Y/n," Camilo said, in that tone that sounded like he was plotting something. "I dare you to participate with me in a prank tonight."

Wide eyed, your brothers eagerly looked at you and Camilo, nodding their heads like insane clowns.

Oh no.

"I don't think so. I have to do stuff tomorrow, and I don't want to be tired," you silently muttered.

"Really?" Camilo laughed. "That's your best excuse?"

"Yeah! Is that your best excuse?" your brothers cackled. "The only thing you do in the mornings is spend an hour in the bathroom getting ready!"

"You little---" you started. "Ok, ok. I think it's getting pretty late now. Camilo, you can go back to your magic mansion and whatnot. You two, get mom from upstairs and go to bed."

Your brothers protested, but they obeyed and went to get ready for bed.

Camilo was already by the door when you approached him. He was leaning by the doorframe. "So, bonita, you coming?"

"Where?"

"To do the prank with me, of course."

"Look. Even if I wanted to, my mom would never let me go this late, and I have never, ever, snuck out anywhere. So just leave before I start second-guessing myself."

"Second guessing, eh?" Camilo smirked. "Come on, I have a plan. At midnight, I'll come for you. Come out of your window and join me. I have a good prank planned."

"I don't know-"

"Please." Camilo begged as he grabbed your hand, and with a quick flick of his head, his curls bounced. Gosh. He played that card.

"Fine. But I'm blaming you if I get caught," you assured him.

"Who said we were getting caught?" Camilo called out to you from the street as you watched from the porch.

"Just go!" you tried to sound serious, but a feeling of excitement and anxiousness flooded over you. You walked back in to the house, but not before you heard him yell, "Tonight, y/n!"

Not my idea of a first date, but I'll take it.

You went to bed and as you slipped under the covers, thought about the days events. This town isn't as bad as I thought it would be. Hopefully I can do whatever abuela mentioned earlier.

Hopefully I can do whatever Camilo has planned.