IX. Mixed Signals

Chapter 9, Mixed Signals
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" I'm not getting angry, I'm getting annoyed. Know the difference. "

~ Scarlett's POV ~

Last night was terrible, I barely got any sleep and now I'm half asleep walking to school.
To make matters worse, it was pouring rain and I didn't even have an umbrella.

Today is just not going well for me, as I was walking to school, a car slowed down.
I immediately knew who it was and continued to walk, I was in no mood to meet with Jaden.

"Just get in, it's pouring."

Jaden said with a smile as he stopped in front of me, this kid was so bipolar that it was messing with me.
I sighed as I got into the car reluctantly and put on my seatbelt, I wasn't in the mood for conversation so I just stared out the window.

Jaden sighed and I watched as he looked at me every five minutes, he wanted conversation but he wasn't about to get it.
He hurt my feelings and I didn't want to give him any closure because of that, it was petty I know but the deserves it.

"We're here, let me out now."

I mumbled as I unbuckled my seatbelt but the door was still locked, we got to school early which was something I liked a lot.
It gave me time to speak to some friends and eat anything that I didn't get a chance eating at home, especially doing homework if I forgot.

"You're angry with me and I want to know why, so we're not going inside until you tell me what's wrong."

Jaden answered as he turn on the heater, I looked at him and scoffed.
This kid was not about to make me explain why I was upset with him, I just didn't want to speak to him at all.

He grabbed my hand and I felt those stupid butterflies, god I hate them right now.
Yeah, this was just an argument during a relationship but this doesn't mean that it didn't harm me in any way.

I pulled my hand away and looked at him, my lip quivered but I bit back the tears to make my point.
Jaden had the confused look on his face and it made me upset, he doesn't get to be confused but then again I had to remind myself that this is our first fight.

" I'm not getting angry, I'm getting annoyed. Know the difference. "

I finally replied, Jaden sighed and unlocked the doors.
I got out and grabbed my bookbag, running to the school and not looking back.

As I got into the school, I noticed Xiomara was standing by her locker.
She seemed to be writing in her journal, I walked up to her and gave her a hug which startled her but she hugged back.

"Whatcha writing there?"

I asked, Xiomara placed the notebook back into her locker and closed it before grabbing my hand and walking with me to the lunch room.

"Nothing, just history stuff. Super boring if I'm honest."

Xiomara chuckled, I smiled at her as we sat down.
She began to ask me about Jaden but the topic wasn't something to speak about right now, I didn't like that we were arguing but maybe it was something that was meant to happen?

I'm still confused with how I feel, I didn't like being away from him but he made it so difficult.
Soon Layla joined us with Javon, I zoned out of the conversation they were having as I watched Jaden walk to the baseball team table.

I haven't sat there in a while but I wasn't about to start now, I didn't want any questions on why I haven't sat with them since the school year began.
Jaden looked over at me and we locked eyes, I felt myself blush.

I hated how he made me feel, I looked away and tried engaging nto the conversation only for the bell to ring.
I was the first one out of the cafeteria and into homeroom, I sat down at my desk and went on my phone, I was texting Jayla.

Jayla has been trying to help me with the situation knowing I over thought a lot, I had my song Writing notebook in my bookbag.
I took it out and decided to rewrite the song I had about Jaden, the one that made sad.

Liar
By Scarlett Delmonico

Verse 1

How do you look me in the eyes, beg to stay the night and then treat me like I'm nothing to you?
How can you tell those pretty lies, tell me you're mine and then explain to me you don't know what you like?

Pre-Chorus

Does this mean I mean nothing to you?
Do you not look at me the same way I look at you?

Chorus

You're giving me love and giving me hate, making me smile but you're making me late.

I hate how you make me feel like the world could be on fire and you'll still hold me, I guess that's what happens when you fall in love with a notorious liar

I didn't have anything else written for the second verse but I can guarantee you, Jaden would give me something to write later on in the day.
The day was dragging, the thing that kills me most is having classes with Jaden.

He tried passing notes to me but I disregarded them, I didn't want to hear an apology if it was sincere or coming from the bottom of your heart.
He knew that, everyone did.