LV. Oops, We're Expecting..

Chapter 55, Oops, Were Expecting..
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" You don't have any idea how long I've been feeling this way, I just didn't know if you were going to be accepting it. "

~ Scarlett's POV ~

"You're the only friend I need."

I sang along to 'Ribs' by Lorde, my favorite song this month.
It was the afternoon turning into evening as the sun was setting when I heard the door shut, I was excited and ran downstairs.

I hugged Alana and hugged my dad but they smiled at me and it looked like they were hiding something.

"Honey, can we talk to you?"

My dad asked as he sat down on the couch with Alana, I was getting a little nervous.
But that's okay, I stood in front of the two and took a deep breath.

"Okay, I have a gift for you and I hope you like it."

Alana told me as she handed me a small white box with a red bow wrapped around it, I smiled and opened it.
There was a photo, it was black with a gray outline sketch.

Now I was major confused, that's when I looked closer and my heart sank.
I looked up at Alana and then at my dad and then back at Alana, as tears swelled my eyes and I began to squeal.

As I jumped up and down, I watched my dad and Alana stand up.
They hugged me and as they pulled away, I couldn't help but look at Alana a different way.

"We're expecting a baby, honey we wanted to tell you earlier but we wanted to get checked by a professional first."

Alana told me as she sat back down and patted the seat beside her, I sat down and smiled.
I looked at her and shifted my body to her and sighed as I grabbed her hand.

"Alana, I have a question and it's really important."

I spoke out, my dad was now confused and it was now Alana's turn to be nervous.
Oh how the tables have turned on this lovely day.

"Go ahead sweetie, I'm all ears for you and I'll give you my honest opinion or answer."

She told me as she shifted her body to face me, I took a deep breath and grabbed her hands.
It looked like I was about to propose but then again she would say yes because I'm hot, I mean I look like my mom and my dad combined.

Damn, how did Jaden even pull me?

"Alana, I've been seeing you like a mother figure and I wanted to know is it okay to call you mom rather than Alana?"

I felt my heart race as my muscles tensed up and I began to shake a bit, now I was really nervous with her answer.
She looked really shocked with me and that's when I stood up, my dad looked at me and smiled.

"Yes of course darling, you don't even have to ask."

Alana said relieving my nerves, she stood up and pulled me into a hug.
This is my little family, I'm not complaining because I'm surronded by people who love me and I love the people I'm surrounded by.

For the whole evening, Alana and I was looking at baby clothes and baby names even if we didn't know the gender.
Turns out I was the last to find out because I'm a nosey person and it's difficult to keep things from me, but I'm not a super nosey person that had to find out.

"Let's talk about you and Jaden, what's going on with y'all?"

Mom asked as she closed her laptop and looked up at me, my dad was upstairs taking a shower so it was okay to answer.
I looked at her and shrugged my shoulders, I wanted him to ask me out but I'm not too sure.

"I'm falling in love again, but what if he's not into me that way anymore?"

I sighed as I stood up and walked to the kitchen, mom followed me and smiled as she grabbed two cups and began to make us iced caramel coffee.

"Then you ask him out if you're worried he won't, about 98% of the time girls get accepted for making the first move."

Alana advised me as she handed me the cup, it wasn't a bad idea or anything.
Through the whole night, Alana and I were spending time together and making fun of how my dad looked in his movies.

I was falling asleep when Alana picked me up and took my to my room, resting me on my bed and kissing my forehead as she tucked me in.
Before she got the chance to leave, I grabbed her hand and sat up slightly.

"Thank you for being my mother figure, I wasn't even sure you were going to allow me to call you mom."

I spoke out, Alana smiled and sat down as she rested her hand on my thigh.

"You don't ever have to worry about anything honey."

Alana replied softly as she stroked my hair and smiled, she had a smile that could light up all of New York City.

" You know have any idea how long I've been feeling this way, I just didn't know if you were going to be accepting it. "

With that being said I covered myself with my weighted blanket and fell asleep, I didn't want anymore conversation.
I just wanted peace, quiet, love and my weighted blanket that I named poncho.

That night I knew what I had to do.

I had to suck up my pride and ego, and walk to Jaden's house and tell him that I love him.
Not platonically but romantically.