XXIV. Jaden's Love Life

Chapter 24, Jaden's Love Life
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" He never cared about the looks or color, he just wanted the good personality. "

~ Third Person's POV ~

Now we all know about the drama between Jaden, Scarlett and Meredith.
Obviously we're team Scarlett and there's no defending Jaden without justifying his actions which were wrong in every way, but let's go down to his relationship history.

Jaden only ever openly dated Meredith Coleman, she was someone that he wanted to the world to know but this way back before Javon was a known actor and good boxer.
Now, Jaden's relationships were usually puppy love and barely anything else but when he got to highschool, Meredith was something that wasn't all puppy love.

She was his first basically everything, first kiss, first date, first girl brought home, first girl to cheer for him at his games.
Jaden liked that, no, he loved that.

So when Jaden caught her cheating on him with some random kid at a football game, well he felt the same way Scarlett feels now.
He's just was just getting over the break up when Scarlett arrived to Georgia, he didn't catch feelings quite yet until that day when they went to the carnival.

Jaden realized then that if he would stay dwelling on the past, he would completely miss the future which is what he's doing now.
He's missing out on the future because he got tied to the past, everyone except Jaden realized Meredith only came back for his popularity status.

Jaden was a little different than most of the high school boys that we have now, there were a bunch of girls lining up for him when they realized he was a good person.

He never cared about looks or color, he just wanted the good personality.

Something he rarely got, not to mention he was picked on and dragged by other guys who believed being jerks were attractive and anything else was too sissy or it made you a wuss.
Jaden wasn't either of those things either, he was just taught better than the rest which was what made him stand out more.

Now after the Euphoria show, he was noticed more and liked more.
Jaden wasn't used to the attention, he didn't really hate but he was just not used to it.

The downside of the Euphoria show was that girls would now line up for Javon because of his appearance and because everyone noticed how the kid just, had a glow up.
It could get annoying when people constantly keep going up to Jaden and ask him if it would be okay if they can come over and study, when in reality they study Javon.

So back to being cheated on, Jaden didn't really know how relationships work at this point.
So he decided to get in another relationship which was with Scarlett, Jaden wasn't really ready for another relationship.

Not trying to justify what he did or anything, but Jaden only kissed Meredith out of fear that Scarlett would end up cheating on him first.
After being cheated on, once you get in another relationship don't you want to protect yourself from getting hurt?

Jaden wanted to protect himself but he did it the wrong way, he didn't know that yet until everything crashed and burned right in front of him.
That's when he began to freak out a bit, he realized that Scarlett was a good person and wouldn't put him in that predicament so you can imagine how he tried to make his actions better.

Scarlett hadn't been in a serious relationship other than Jaden so you can imagine the embarrassment she had when she had found out he cheated, she was embarrassed because she was vulnerable with him.
Jaden wouldn't use anything against her though, he loves her and she loves him.

Now, we're stuck watching Jaden sit on his bed as he ignored the spams of messages and calls.
Meredith was the reason he wouldn't touch his phone, he was waiting for a specific caller or message ID to pop on his phone although he knew it wouldn't come.

He powered his phone off and placed it on the charger, he laid down on his bed as he tried to rethink his plan over and over and over again.
At this point this was getting exhausting, watching as he shook his head to the suggestions he gave himself.

Finally, the person he's been waiting to see since this morning

Well she never came, he just fell asleep and in his figment of imagination, he felt her crawl into his bed and lay her head on his chest.
In reality, he was just feeling his weighted blanket and not Scarlett.

But who are we to crush his dreams? Everybody that's who, but I don't have a body to tell him that his ex isn't laying with him.
Oh well, he'll learn the hard way when he wakes up and realizes she isn't near him at all.