LX. Dress Shopping

Chapter 60, Dress Shopping
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" So you guys just established this last night? Without me!? "

~ Scarlett's POV ~

Alright, for the past month, I've been working hard so that I didn't fall behind or fail any of my classes.
I didn't want anything affecting my grades this late in the year, it wouldn't be fair for my teachers or myself that have been working day and night just to fail.

"You look good with glasses."

Jaden complimented me as he went from laying on his stomach to sitting in a criss cross position, I chuckled slightly as I thanked him.

"You look good with glasses as well my love."

I returned the compliment as I highlighted the texts that needed to be highlighted, I felt the heat of someone's eyes and looked towards Jaden.

"That's a little creepy."

I told him as I kissed his cheek before closing my notebook and getting up from my bed, I heard a chuckle and shuddered a bit as I placed my books and notebooks back into my bag.
Jaden was now up from the bed and standing by my side, looking at all the polaroid photos I have which were a lot.

I watched as he picked up a certain photo that I love a lot and cherished, I had written hearts around the photo.

The photo Scarlett cherished:

   "This is us in our Junior year, on my

"This is us in our Junior year, on my... Birthday?"

Jaden asked as he squinted his eyes as if that would help him remember, but he was right.
I looked at him and nodded as I took the photo back and placed it with the others, I hadn't even realized I had taken so many photos until I stepped back and took in my wall covered in them.

"You should be a photographer when you're older, it'll come in handy."

Jaden told me as he walked back to my bed and sat down, I looked at the wall and then I looked at Jaden.
I walked to my bed and we spent the next half hour, taking a nap because we were bored and there was literally nothing to do.

Once we woke up, it was about two in the afternoon and Jaden was gone home.
I walked down the stairs and walked to my kitchen, I stood in the middle of the kitchen until I watched Alana come to me.

"Hey hon, how about you, Xio, Jayla, Cora and I go dress shopping for the wedding? I really need to go buy my dress before it's too late."

Alana asked as she reached into the fridge and pulled out a cold water bottle, I agreed to go with her and called the other girls to see if they were down to go as well.
They were so we all met up at the mall, we went to the food court first because we were all hungry.

"Okay, so whose the bridesmaids, maid of honor and flower girl?"

Xiomara asked as she handed Rosalía her fries, Rosa had to come because Alejandro had a shift at the gym so he couldn't watch her but she was so sweet.
Alana looked at all of us and smiled slightly, I didn't know what she was thinking of but I was quite intrigued.

"Okay so I was hoping for, Jessica to be my maid of honor."

Alana told us sheepishly, we all squealed happily and walked out of the food court.

"For my bridesmaids, Jayla, Cora, Xiomara and my lovely daughter, Scarlett."

My face lit up as I heard my name, in fact all of our faces lit up when we heard our name.
We all grabbed one another's hand and squealed like little girls as we entered a dress shop, we split ways and I ended up in a different part of the shop.

As I looked around, I felt a hand on my shoulder which freaked me out but it was just Alana.
She laughed at my startled look and hugged me as she apologized, we laughed a bit as we looked around for some dresses.

"The color is going to be a nice light green dress, I told the other girls and Rosa is the flower girl."

Alana told me as she kissed my forehead and walked away to search for wedding dresses, this was an all in one shop so we were thankful for stumbling upon this.

I looked through different types of light green dresses, I couldn't make my mind up until I found a tie breaker that made me feel like I would look amazing in it.

Everyone found a dress that they loved, luckily it was all in different styles but the same shade of green so it was okay.
We paid for the bridesmaids dresses and flower girl dress but Alana couldn't find a dress that would look good on her, so we were stuck without it.

She didn't mind it though, but I did so I promised her we would find her a dress today no matter how long it would take.
Everyone didn't mind it either, we all loved dress shopping and we loved watching say yes to the dress so we were living our dream right now.

Cora was studying to be a cardiologist, she thought it would something nice and she did have a big heart herself.
Metaphorically of course, a human body couldn't possibly hold a heart half the size of its brain.

We spent the whole day going through different wedding dress shops until we stopped at one, Jayla, Cora, Xiomara, Rosa and I were now on a couch waiting for Alana to come out of the dressing room.
Everything was peaceful, so we weren't really in a rush to go home or anything.

That's when I saw her, she walked out of the dressing room as if she were a model and it looked like it was in slow motion.
She stood in front of us as we all stared in awe, she knew at that moment that the dress was the dress.

After buying the dress and dropping everyone at home, Alana and I had to quickly hide my dress and hers so my dad wouldn't find it.
Once we found a good hiding spot, I grabbed Alana's hand and rushed downstairs where we almost fell, which resulted in us bursting out in laughter.

We fell onto the couch as our laughter died down, she grabbed my hand and we smiled at one another.
Just taking in each other's presence, not many people can do that so I was proud that I was able to do it, with her especially.

"Jaden and I are back together."

I blurted out as I broke the silence, I was too impatient and this was something way too important to hide from my mom.
I watched as Alana looked at me shockingly as her jaw began to drop, I chuckled a bit.

"When, where and who asked who?"

Alana asked as she sat up, she was now very interested which was something I always enjoyed about her.
I sat up as well and began to go into detail from the hide and seek to when we went to my room and spoke about everything, Alana was now even more shocked that she missed this whole interaction.

" So you guys just established this last night? Without me? "

Were the only things that slipped out of Alana's mouth which made me start laughing, it was funny as I watched her look at me as if I had just told her I was engaged.
That night was spent with me and Alana having quality time together and laughing until our ribs get tough.

Now that's what I call a good night, especially with a mother figure or best friend.
I'm grateful to have her in my life.