XII. Communication Isn't Key

Chapter 12, Communication Isn't Key
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" I think you should go, like right now please. "

~ Scarlett's POV ~

Throughout the whole day, I have been thinking about Jaden and Meredith.
I wanted to scream and throw a temper tantrum like I was six again but I couldn't, instead I waited until I got home.

Once the bell rang for lunch, I walked out and into the hallway, I waited for Xiomara to come out of her class so we can walk to the cafeteria together.
As I was waiting, I heard footsteps approaching me and I prayed it wasn't Jaden, I didn't want to speak to him.

"Jaden told me about yesterday."

The voice sounded like nail on a chalkboard, I turned around and looked at Meredith.
All I did was nod my head and turn right back around to continue to wait for Xiomara, Meredith scoffed and walked in front of me.

"You fractured his nose, how low is that?"

Meredith continued, I just looked at her and rolled tm eyes again.
I wasn't in the mood to talk about Jaden either, especially with her.

"Look Marilyn, I don't have time for you."

I answered with a snarky tone.

"Meredith, you know that."

"Marlene sweetie, I don't have time to engage in childish conversation."

I continued to mess with her, Meredith never liked it when someone would mispronounce her name, that's why I was doing it.
Like I said, I'm a very petty person so I'm obviously going to do things you don't like just to spite you, that's how I am.

"Meredith! Scarlett, it's Meredith!"

Meredith shrieked, before I could answer Xiomara was next to me and she looked over at Meredith.

"It's stupid, anyways off to lunch we go."

Xiomara answered for me, I grabbed her hand and we walked off to the cafeteria.
Once we got there, Jaysean was sitting with Javon and Layla.

We sat down and this time I was engaging in the conversation, adding anything that needed to be added and hyping up anyone who needed to be hyped up.
Jaysean was also filled in with everything during this time, he wasn't quite happy with Jaden right now is the correct thing to say.

"Boys do dumb things, just let him realize it on his own."

Jaysean said, preach man, preach!

I laughed and gave him a high five as we finished our lunch.

After lunch, the day went by quickly which meant I was able to go home and throw a temper tantrum like I wanted, immature I know but come on, can you blame me?
I dropped Xiomara off at her house and then drove off to mine, listening to music to get me in the mood to cry or hit something.

Once I I got home, I parked the car and got inside of the house.
I changed into my pajamas and laid in my bed, I changed my lights to red and began to play some sad music.

I wanted to let my emotions out because whenever I bottle them up, I end up snapping and saying things I regret.
As I was getting in my feelings, my window opens and I knew it was Jaden.

"Get out, I don't want to deal with you right now."

I spat as I stood up from my bed and turned off the music, I turned around and faced Jaden.
He looked at me and walked closer to me, I rolled my eyes and continued to walk away from him.

"Meredith and I became friends again, I get that it looks bad but we spoke everything out."

He tried explaining to me as if that would change my whole mood, which it did not and it was just going to make me feel worse.
I looked at him and tried to walk away, he grabbed my arm and turned me around.

"Just talk to me, say something. Scream, I don't know!"

He pleaded, I sighed and pushed him away.
He wanted me to do something, he wanted me to tell at him or something then fine, he can get it.

"You want me to do something, I want to hit you so bad right now but I don't because I respect you Jaden! I don't go back to speak to my exes!"

I began, the blood surging through my veins.
I was angry with him, I wanted him to leave and I wanted him to just give me space the same way I did.

"You can't handle the fact we're friends!?"

Jaden raised his voice, I placed my hand on my hips and raised my eyebrows.

"First of all, you're gonna lower your voice when you're talking to me and second of all I can handle it."

I responded, Jaden laughed sarcastically as he turned around and walked away from me.
That made me feel disrespected, I grabbed his arm and turned him around.

"You know what Scarlett, she's a friend and you can't handle the fact that she's also my ex."

Jaden began, but as I was about to respond he cut me off.

"Maybe you think this is a big deal but news flash, not everytime I'm gonna give you attention. You're fifteen not five."

Now that, took a lot of damage.
I felt my heart break a bit, I looked at him and then looked away as my lip began to quiver.

I sighed and looked at him, I bit my bottom lip.

" I think you should go, like right now please. "

I pointed towards the window, Jaden scoffed and nodded as he turned around and walked to the window.
He turned around and looked at me.

Jaden didn't say anything, instead he just poked the inside of his cheek with his tongue and left the room.
I walked to my bed and laid down, with tears in my eyes.

I had a blurred vision, but I wanted to speak to someone.
So I dialed a random contact and hoped it would be someone useful and not someone who would make matters worse, that would make me feel worse and I already feel that way.

Thank you Jaden.