XLVI. Bicycle Date

Chapter 46, Bicycle Date
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" Okay, bad timing but I have zero clue on how to ride a bike. "

~ Scarlett's POV ~

"You know what scares me most?"

I asked as I curled my hair up, Xiomara was laying on my bed looking at magazines.
She hummed in response as she flipped a page, I looked back at her and sighed.

"Ending up in a toxic relationship with nobody to save me."

I unplugged my curling iron and put it away before focusing on my makeup, I was already dressed for the date since time flew by for no reason.
Xiomara got up and fixed my hair in the back since I couldn't do it well, she looked at me in my vanity mirror.

"You're not losing me, if a man hits you, hit him back. If you can't, call me while you're in a room, you know I got your back."

Xiomara told me as she looked at me from the side, I smiled at her and nodded.
She was protective like that, I also know that she was going to bring Jaysean if they're still together because that's how they are.

Couples who together, stay together.
Well not all, but you get what I'm saying hopefully.

Scarlett's Outfit

       "He's outside with roses, go ahead and show him you're a boss lady

"He's outside with roses, go ahead and show him you're a boss lady."

Xiomara pushed me out of my room and grabbed my hand as she dragged me down the stairs, I sighed dramatically as she opened the door and shoved me outside.
Jaden looked at me and smiled softly as he handed me the roses, I opened the door and jumped a little as I saw Xiomara still standing there.

"I'll take those, go on your date and come back with a goofy grin and a cute story to tell. I love you bye!"

Xiomara said all so fast before shutting the door in my face, I rolled my eyes playfully and shouted an 'I Love You More!' back to her.
I walked to Jaden and kissed his cheek as I grabbed his hand, we spoke about school and other boring things.

"Are you quitting baseball?"

The question I was dreading to be asked, I didn't know if I was or wasn't.
I was having a good time but then again I've been missing practice and I just didn't find the passion for it, I looked at him and shrugged my shoulders.

"I'm not sure yet Jaden, it's complicated."

I gave him an answer and he nodded slightly, we walked farther down the neighborhood.
Give or take an hour of walking my legs were sore, I couldn't walk anymore and I didn't know if we were anywhere near the date.

"My legs are so sore, where are we anyways?"

I asked as I stopped walking to give my legs a minute of a break, Jaden smirked at me.

"Glad you said that because look just in front of you."

Jaden told me, I sighed of exhaustion and smiled at the sight of two light baby blue bicycles.
But the same way the smile came it went, I had no idea how to ride a bike because after falling off twice, I called it quits.

"You don't like it?"

He asked, anyone could hear the hurt in his voice but I shook my head and smiled.

"No, it's amazing but there's a tiny issue with this wonderful idea of yours."

I told him as I walked towards the bike, his smile returned on his face and looked at me.
Now how are you supposed to say you have no idea how to ride a bike without sounding dumb? There's no other way saying it.

" Okay, bad timing but I have zero clue on how to ride a bike. "

I told him, he looked at me and then at the back and back at me before breaking out in a smile.

"I'll teach you, get on the bike first."

He spoke to me, I smiled and got on the bike, placing my hands on the handle bars.
He placed his hand on the back of the bicycle seat, I looked back at him and smiled.

"I won't let go unless you're ready, just trust me.."

Jaden spoke but muttered:

"I know you wouldn't because of the past.."

I smiled to myself knowing he was feeling bad, but I tried trusting him.
He didn't let go unless I told him I was ready, I smiled as I was being able to ride the bike on my own.

I stopped biking and got off, I ran up to him and jumped into his arms as he wrapped his arms around my waist and spun my around.
Jaden set me down and looked down at me, I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him down.

But just as we were about to kiss, I stopped myself and walked back a bit.
We were still going way too fast and I didnt like that, I looked at him and smiled slightly.

"I'll go slow, we don't have to rush things."

Jaden whispered as he walked closer, I smiled at him.
He kissed my forehead and grabbed my hand, as we were walking back home, I felt butterflies in my stomach.

He made me feel happy, I didn't know if I was ready to actually trust him again.
Maybe a few tests on his trust and loyalty would wouldn't hurt.