XIII. Back To Dance Class

Chapter 13, Back To Dance Class
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" You make me feel normal again, I haven't felt this way in a long time. "

~ Scarlett's POV ~

Ever since the altercation with Jaden and I, I have been avoiding him at all costs.
So to make up for that, I've been hanging with Alana and helping her plan the wedding that was coming up.

The wedding was going to happen in January, it was October now.
Everything was already almost set up except for the fact that my boyfriend and I were having a disagreement.

I found myself at an old dance studio with my dufflebag, I set my things down as I got inside and I got onto the dance floor.
I took my sneakers off and brought my phone out along with a small speaker, I took a deep breath and searched through different songs.

Until I got to Ribs by Lorde, I decided to dance to this one.
I turned the lights on and played the music.

(Video for reference.)

Once the song finished, I walked over to my bag and grabbed my water bottle.
I took a sip from it before returning to the center of the room, I began to go over the dance to Ribs.

Once I got everything down, I packed everything up and walked out of the studio.
I began to walk home when I had noticed a little kitten, I stared in awe before I continued my walk home.

I had airpods in, I was listening to music and dancing a little bit.
The next next song that came on was 'Sunflower' by Swae Lee and Post Malone, my face lit up.

"And you're left in the dust, unless I stuck by ya! You're a sunflower, I think your love would be too much."

I sang along while bobbing my head to the beat, I didn't want to go home yet so I decided to walk to Xiomara's house.
When I got to the projects, I was already known by everybody.

I walked to the elevator and lowered my music as I entered the elevator, I wanted to get to know more about Xiomara, Rosalía and their grandmother.
Once I got to their floor, I walked to their door and as I was about to knock on the door, I heard crashing and screaming.

Without thinking, I bursted through the door and watched as their was a lady manhandling their grandmother.

"What are you doing!? Get off of her!"

I shouted as I dropped my bag and grabbed the lady, she shoved me back and looked back at me.
Her hair was in her face and she had a weird look, I got up from the ground.

"Mamá!"

I looked back and noticed there was Rosalía, that's their mom?

"Rosalía go to your sister's room."

I ordered, Rosalía shook her head and ran forth to her mother, that's when Xiomara popped out of her room.
Xiomara looked at me and then back at her sister before running over to her grandmother and helping her up, Xiomara grabbed her sister by her arm and pulled her aside.

"Ni siquiera deberías estar aquí."

(You shouldn't even be here.)

Xiomara said as she held onto her sister's wrist, the mother looked at Xiomara and scoffed.

"Alessia, vete. ya no eres querido por tus hijas."

Their grandmother added, I was lost in translation.
The mother glared at the grandmother and walked to the door, only to stop and turn around.

"En un momento me necesitarás, cuando lo hagas, nunca iré. sufrir cuando lleguen las consecuencias."

(At one point you'll need me, when you do, I'll never come. suffer when the consequences come.)

The door was slammed shut and Rosalía began to cry, Xiomara rubbed her back and walked her to the bathroom.

"No deberías estar aquí, pero me alegro de que hayas venido. Soy Esperanza."

(You shouldn't be here, but I'm glad you came. I'm Esperanza.)

I shook Esperanza's hand, I waited a bit on the couch until Xiomara came outside of her room and walked towards me.
She gave me a weak smile before signalling me to follow her to her room, I didn't want her to feel embarrassed.

"Mars, I'm sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable. I heard crashing and-"

"You helped my abuela, you also met my mom."

Xiomara cut me off as she engulfed me in a tight hug, I hugged her back and soon I began to feel her cry.
I rubbed her back and brought her to her bed, we sat down and I placed my hand on her knee.

"I'm all ears if you gotta tell me anything."

I reassured, Xiomara sighed and that's when she began to tell me everything about her life.
I sat there listen to her, occasionally wiping her tears away.

"This week, I'm going to see my father at the prison."

Xiomara sighed as she looked away from me, I placed my hand under her chin and slowly faced her.
She looked at me and smiled softly, I smiled back at her.

"It'll be okay, Mars I got your back."

I whispered softly, Xiomara's cheeks turned a slight pink and nodded slowly.
We got up from the bed and I hugged her tightly, she hugged back just as tight and whispered into my ear:

" You make me feel normal again, I haven't felt this way in a long time. "

I smiled and let go of her, I kissed her cheek and left her room.
I picked my bag up from the ground and left the projects, I walked home with a smile on my face.