Chapter 32 - Tempt Part 1

Alexa's POV:

"So what the heck was that?" Ben asked me when everyone else went out the front.

"I don't know what your talking about." I replied with a shrug.

"Please! With how often you blush around him and the heat coming off that dance floor, there's no way you can fool me or anyone else for that matter." Ben said with a look challenging me to disagree.

"Yeah, yeah I hear you. The truth is... I don't know. This is the first time I have felt so drawn to someone and it scares me if I'm being honest. I move around a lot so can't afford to have anything serious."

"That's a tough one, but you shouldn't stop loving or living either. Enjoy your life and take every moment as it comes. Trust me, I learned that the hard way." He seemed sad. "Don't bother asking me any questions though because I can't talk about it." He said with a serious face before I could reply.

"Fair enough you're probably right, I do find it hard to open myself up to people and this is the first place I feel more like myself." I admitted.

My phone began ringing. It was Alessia so I answered it. "Bring Ben and come inside the house. we're in the first room up the stairs."

As we walked up the dark wooden stairs we noticed one bedroom with the door opened. Inside stood Ed, Alessia, Jax, Rachel and Zander. Ben and I walked in and Ed began to talk. "Okay we're all going to play a game and the winner gets to eat for free at the famous Deer and Grill restaurant in town. The losers all have to pitch in and pay for the winners meal. Does everyone agree?

"That depends. what's the game?" I asked cautiously. I was never one to join into games at parties.

Ben rolled his eyes. "Live a little!"

"I'm in!" Zander, Jax and Rachel said looking at me pointedly. I took a deep breath. I felt like something big was about to go down. "Okay, okay, I'm in." I said a little worried at what I have agreed to.

"Great! Ella is running late and should be here soon too. The game is called 'Tempt' and the rules are as follows. Everyone will be divided into pairs and have to do whatever it is that the hosts tell them to do. Alessia and I are the hosts. Zander is paired with Alexa, Jax is with Rachel and Ben will be with a Ella when she gets here. Each pair will pick a room on the upper level and call my phone. You will be able to hear me but you will mute yourselves so I won't be able to hear you. Oh and the rooms are soundproof by the way."

"Wait, I don't think I understand. If you can't hear us how do you know who the winners are? And what is it that we will have to be doing?" I asked, confusion marring my face. Zander and Rachel both looked excited. Way too excited which unnerved me.

"Alexa hunny, I have my ways of knowing but they are secret. Regarding the rules I'll give you an example." Ed turned to Alessia before speaking. "Alessia you can either let me touch you on your neck or lose a piece of clothing." Alessia took off her jacket pinching it between her thumb and forefinger before dropping it on the floor.

"Okay that seems easy enough." I say relived there are ways out of doing something I don't want to do. Everyone laughed at my words.

"The questions will start out easy and get more and more inappropriate." Ed continues, as my eyes widen. "The aim of the game is to tempt the other person into doing something they are not allowed to do in order for you to win the game."

"The rules are simple." Alessia begins.

"Rule number one: You cannot kiss the other person on the lips. If you do, you lose." Easy enough I thought to myself.