Chapter 117 - A Broken Bond

*TRIGGER WARNING - VIOLENCE & DEATH

Mike's POV:

"Ella, it's urgent you tell Lucy something for me. Tell her to do it now!" I sent through the link.

"I.. I said it to her." Ella replied sounding breathless. "Dad.. what's going on out there?"

"I love you my beautiful girl. Always have, and always will." I replied before ending the link. I needed all my focus to pull this off.

As Glacey flicked her fingers a dark ball of smoke appeared. I could sense it's power and ability to end a life. My fur raised at the sight of it. I'd be dammed if she was going to kill the woman I loved.

Alexa must have done something weakening the wind and lightning that surrounded us. It was the exact opportunity I needed to not just jump in front of Viv, but to attack the witch. I wasn't going to go down without a fight.

Alexa's POV:

I could see some vampires and wolves getting hurt by the intense weather. I blasted my frustration out into the grey storming clouds above. The bright light that shot from my chest made a gapping hole in the cloud, allowing the moon to shine its silvery light down on us. Warmth spread over my skin making me feel re-energised. The wind fought hard but was loosing its power without the storm clouds above. Zander looked to me with a smirk feeling the change of power in the air.

Just as Glacey released another ball of magic Mike jumped up slicing into her shoulder and chest before taking the blast.

Glacey looked beyond angry but didn't even flinch as small streams of blood dripped down her skin. "Stupid wolf! Don't you think I would have protected myself from wolf attacks." She spat more annoyed than anything else.

I watched as her wound healed just enough to stop the bleeding. A pained scream came from Vivian as she fell to the ground gasping, Mike stayed standing but I could see the pain in his eyes.

"Why." She choked out looking at Mike with the confusion. As my attention turned to Mike I saw his wolf form retreat against his will replaced by pale skin. As he coughed up blood he held her hand. "I won't let you follow me. It's not your time yet, you still have a granddaughter to meet."

"How could you!" She cried in disbelief. "No world is worth living without you in it. Death would have been a kindness." She clutched onto his shoulders staring deep into his eyes, committing everything to memory. "It should have been me!" She sobbed in defeat.

"I would have followed anyway. At least this way.. you will be.. safe." He mumbled gazing lovingly into her eyes. "One last thing I.." He coughed up blood but I could see the determination to hold on in his eyes. "Your favourite red scarf.." Mike turned to Zander pleading with his eyes to say something.

Zander swallowed understanding his father. "It's in dads office in his locked draw. He is the one who took it. He smells it when his stressed, it's what helped him calm down when you weren't around. It had nothing to do with those darn plants." He chuckled though I could tell it was forced.

The smile on Vivian's face and the tears she shed as she whispered sweet words into his ears, had my heart shattering all over again. I turned unable to watch yet another person I loved die.

Zander had put his walls up protecting me from his pain as he spent these last precious seconds with his parents. I could tell the moment he passed. I could feel the loss through the pack link and through my heart.

Fire began to burn my skin, scorching every inch as it moved, but it was nothing compared to the pain in my heart and the lump in my throat. "We need to find a way to protect everyone else and disable the witches." Glimmers voice was steady, focused and filled with rage and determination.