Trust

Damien's POV

We decided to shift into our wolves instead of taking a vehicle. We both shot out the back door and through the woods until we reached the docks. I'd never been here at night before, and honestly, it was kind of creepy. I tried calling back the number Layla called me from.

*the call cannot be completed as dialed, please-*

I hung up and tried calling her phone instead and got the voicemail.

Fuck!

Still in wolf form, we both tread forward quietly.

*crunch*

My ears perked up at the sound of a twig snapping. I raised my head and peered in the direction I heard the sound coming from.

"Do you hear that?" Brent mindlinked me.

"Yes, move as quietly as possible. We have no idea what's waiting for us."

I inched forward until I reached the edge of one of the docks. Looking around I still saw nothing.

"Do you think they're still here? We could've just heard a small animal a minute ago." Brent said. I wasn't quite sure. I felt like a presence was still here.

"I don't know. Let's look around a few more minutes and if there's nothing then we should head back." I replied.

After another 15 minutes or so we ran back to the house and shifted back into our human forms.

"Did we leave the back door open?" Brent asked. I looked at in front of him and noticed the door ajar.

"I don't remember, we were in a hurry." I answered. We strode forward cautiously, quietly opening the door the rest of the way. I went first and peeked around the corner but nothing seemed out of place. I sighed and ran a hand through my hair, disheveling it further.

Coming upon the living room I caught Layla's scent. I couldn't hep the growl that escaped my throat.

"Damien! Hurry!" She yelled out. As soon as I ran into the living room I froze. Brent ran right behind me and stiffened. In front of us was Layla in lingerie spread out on the couch.

"What the fuck are you doing?" I barked out. She didn't even flinch and had the audacity to try to rub her thighs together.

"Get the fuck out before I have to force you out." Brent yelled at her. She huffed and stood, walking directly in front of me and before I knew it she crashed her lips on mine. I shoved her back as quickly as possible.

"What the fuck is your problem?" I yelled at her.

"You are my problem! I'm meant to be with you two, not that dumb bitch, Rose!" She spat out. Good lord I've never wanted to hit a woman so badly but there are some lines you just can't cross. I grabbed her by the arm and pulled her out of the house and slammed the door shut in her face. I could hear her muffled protests but I ignored her the best I could. Fuck she kissed me. Rose is going to kill me, or her, or both.

Rose's POV

*ring, ring, ring*

I'm still cuddled up with my boys when I get a call from Damien.

I answered, "hey baby, how are you doing?"

"Not good, I need to tell you something. Are you able to come over?" He asked. I began to feel my heart race in worry.

"Is everything ok? What happened?" I started spitting out questions.

"Everything is fine. I just need you baby. Please come over. We can pick you up if you want."