Chapter 41 - My Druthers || Part 2

"I still can't believe that you're related to Denmark Tanny," John B stated in disbelief. When Pope came back, he had dropped the bomb of his familial relations, causing the pogues to all be left in disbelief. "Are we in the presence of a royal?"

"A king?" JJ began speaking in a British accent while pretending to place a crown on Pope's head. "We shall crown him. All hail the lord of Tannyhill! We're not worthy!" The group all laughed as they bowed down to their friend.

"Everybody relax. Can we relax, please?" Pope asked as he chuckled.

"Relocate to Cat's Ass, question mark?" Sarah asked.

"I'm with that," JJ pointed towards the girl.

"How soon can we move in?" Sarah asked.

"'Cause I don't have a place to stay," JJ explained.

Elizabeth smirked at him, "What a coincidence, neither do I!"

"Well, then Pope, I guess me and Lizzy are taking one of your bedrooms," JJ stated.

"Who said I wanted to live in the same room as you?" She asked the boy, who glared playfully at her.

"Who wouldn't want to share a bed with JJ Maybank?" He asked rhetorically as the others all shook their heads at him.

Pope pulled them all back to reality, "I just keep thinking about the letter, the one that Limbrey sent. It had the wheat symbol on it. That must mean it has something to do with the Royal Merchant."

"I wouldn't doubt anything at this point," Elizabeth stated. 

JJ nodded, "Yeah. Something seems fishy."

"But if we find that cross, we can split it like we were gonna split the gold," Pope stated.

"Yeah. I'm with that," said JJ.

"And live happily ever after?" A voice asked from behind them, belonging to Limbrey. Her pet bodyguard followed alongside her, carrying an umbrella.

Pope stepped forward, "You assaulted my father."

"Oh, I didn't assault anybody," Limbrey stated.

"He can identify the psycho from a mile away," Kiara stated.

"Why would my employee assault your father? That's absurd," Limbrey let out a laugh. "Listen, we can keep on negotiating, but the fact is that I want the key."

Elizabeth stepped forward as she saw the man getting handsy with Pope, pushing him back. "Hey!"

"And I won't stop until I have it. I don't have a choice, which means you don't either," She finished.

"It's Limbrey, right? Is that right?" John B asked as he held up the key.

"Yes," the woman gasped as she realized what he was holding.

"Is this what you're looking for?" He taunted. She nodded quickly. "Looking at the tide right now, I'd say it's about twenty feet deep out there. So, if I just threw it in the channel, the probability of you finding it again is slim to none."

"You mean the probability of her bitch finding it," Elizabeth mumbled, earning a small smirk from the blonde boy. 

"You wanna give it a shot? Let's see what happens, ready?" John B wound up, pretending to throw the key as Limbrey yelled for him to stop.

"Please don't do that," Limbrey sighed in relief as she realized that he never threw it.

"Get him to back the hell up," stated John B.

"Of course. Back up," she instructed. "As I have told you from the beginning, I am willing to be reasonable."

"Okay. I'll give you the key, but I want the tape," Pope stated.