Chapter 3

"The journey of a thousand miles starts from a single step"

Chapter 3

Damion POV

"I can't believe you would do that!" my wolf, Riker yelled. "You were supposed to love her and care for her, not reject her. Do you know how much pain you put us in?"

"What! It's not my fault she's weak, ugly and unpopular. She is the total opposite of I want. I want someone strong, pretty and popular. Or in one word someone like Serena. So why would I even consider Alex as my mate? "I replied back.

"But, she's our other half. She's perfect, she's more perfect than all the girls at school combined" he said.

"No, my friend, Serena is way better than Alex! Have you seen those curves? " I replied, bluntly. I don't care if Alex is my mate, she can never give me all I want and she can't give what I need. Hell that little midget can't even fight to save her life, so how on earth can she carry pups or be by my side. I cannot stand by her side and protect from everything that comes.

"OK you know what; I'm not having this argument about whose perfect or not. Because for one thing I know Alex is perfect under all her imperfections. So don't talk to me until you get your priorities straight "he said. I sighed and block my mind link with Riker. Seriously he doesn't know who he’s talking about; if I wanted her I wouldn't have rejected her in the first place.

"Hey baby" Serena said as she came into my room, in the white dress I bought her last week. "let’s do something" she came, crawling on my bed and sitting next to me, placing her head on my chest and closing her eyes.

"I'm not in the mood, Serena you should go home." I said, not looking at her. Instead I was looking at the wall in front of me.

"But I don't want to...." she said,  in a voice that sounded calm and distant. But at the moment her voice is more annoying that having a fly buzzing in your ears at night. Huh, I've never found her voice annoying before so why is it annoying now?

"C'mon" she said as she tried to pull me up from the bed.

"NO! I SAID LEAVE!" I yelled she looked frightened and shocked; her face instantly paled. I had never yelled at her before. I mentally face palmed myself. I took a deep breath, calming myself down.

"Look, I'm sorry. But I'm not in the mood." I said, much softer. She got up and walked towards the door. "Fine bye, I'll see you later" she said as she slammed the door and left.

I lay down in bed, closing my eyes when suddenly my phone rang from beside me. Turning to my side I picked it up without looking at the caller ID and answered the call.

"Hello" I said. No one answered, I could only hear sniffling and shuffling coming from the other end.

"Hello, is anyone there?" I questioned, I pulled the phone away from my ear about to hang up when I heard a voice coming from the other side.

"H-hello, it's me Jason. Alexis r-ran away and s-she left an note with your name on it." Jason said. What kind of sick joke is this? Did Alex tell Jason I rejected her? Is he waiting for me to come over so he can beat me to pulp?

"Sorry, I think my ears deceived me. I thought you said Alex left." I said laughing, but my laughing came to a stop when he said he wasn't joking. My ears hadn't deceived me, Alex has run away...

"OK, I'll be there in a sec" I said as I got up. I hung the phone up, pushing it into my pocket and started running downstairs.

"See what you did? She ran away because of you" Riker started talking again. Wow he really has become annoying, I remember when he was a silent bastard... what does he see in her that I don't?

"Oh, I thought you weren't talking to me." I replied coldly.

"I'm not, well I am but that's not the point. The point is that my mate ran away because of the stupid things you said." he said. I can't help but feel a bit guilty, because of the way that Riker keeps saying the word mate. Mate.... My mom used to tell me loads of stories of how mates were together, how they complete each other. Had I done a mistake?

I reached Alex's house and I walk straight into her room, I closed my eyes and her scent came in contact with my nose, it made me and my wolf crazy for more. Once I opened my eye I saw her whole family standing there around her bed. Her brother was crying more than her parents, weird. Her sister looked as if she didn't even care. Wow it sucks to have family like this. I remember when I used to have my family by my side, until he ruined it all, my own stupid brother. I clench my fist in the remembrance of that day.
Jason heard the creak of the door when I opened it, he immediately jumped from his place and walked towards me.

"Beta, this is for you" Jason said. I opened it the piece of paper, looking at her messy and almost unreadable handwriting.

Dear mate

I hope you are happy since you are half the reason I left. I hope the moon goddess gives you, your second chance mate that will keep you happy. More than I could ever could. I don't know the reason why you hate me but to be honest I'm actually really glad you rejected me. It only means that I'm now free to leave.

Goodbye. I'll be seeing you very soon.

Oh my god this is entirely my fault that she left. What has happened to the cold hearted, ruthless person I was just this morning. Alex what have you done? Then and just then did it hit me that I rejected my mate. My mother used to tell me how, your mate is someone who will stand by you, someone whose love cant compared with anyone else. Someone who the moon goddess paired you up with. Someone who you can't live without.

"Wow, now you understand how I feel, took you long enough." Riker said.

"ALEX! ALEX! "I yelled once I got out of the house into the forest, changing into my wolf form. I ran for hours looking around the territory, up to the borders but didn't find anything, no trace of her.

"She's long gone, dumbass. You might never see her again." Riker said in bored tone, before he turned the mind link off and went to sleep.

"Yeah, I know." I said in a duh voice as I ran my hand through my hair, slowing down and leaning against a tree. Why do I feel so empty; like a part of me is missing, a big part of me. Is it true that I'll never see Alex again? Will I be given my second chance mate or am I gonna have to be with Alex?

_______________________________________________

This chapter has been somewhat edited, if there is any mistakes then please ignore them since I’m trying to edit on my tablet....... Keep in mind that I have never written anything before this...... So if it’s crap no hate...... Just stop reading.

Send art work or fan art to  forever_madiha1@hotmail.com
Follow me on Instagram: @Forever_madiha1
                                            @Madiha_r1
Follow me on Quotev:       @forever_madiha1

♠️ VOTE
♣️    COMMENT
♥️    ADD TO YOUR LIBRARY
♦️    FOLLOW