Chapter 8 - Birthday surprise?

||ALPHA SHADOW'S POV||

Today's the day. My birthday. Nobody remembered. Well, nobody except my siblings and their mates. Maria was just kinda there, sitting with Phoenix. David actually told me happy birthday, along with my twin (Carolina ofc) and Phoenix. Percy said nothing. His birthday was in December. Today is February 19. My birthday. I walked into the café, but nobody wished their alpha a happy birthday. Maybe nobody cares.

Flashback

I sat in my room, alone, broken down, cheeks tear-stained, blood dripping down my wrist. In my right hand, I held a razor. The sharp edge was smeared with red. My left wrist was covered in cuts, so it resembled a canvas. A slight knock sounded on my door. "Go away." I sighed. "No, Dani. I shall not leave you, agapi mou." Dani was my nickname when I was younger. Percy was the one knocking. The door swung open to reveal my actions. A single tear formed in his eyes as he looked me over. "Dani. Put the razor down."

End of flashback

I shifted into Creed and prowled the forest, roaming really. Trust me, Shadow. Focus. Imagine yourself as Creed, but with a white coat. Diablo and Viper said in unison. I mentally nodded and did as told, and when I opened my eyes, there it was. A white paw. I imagined her fur back to black again. I sighed, walking past my tree. A whizzing sound flew past my ear and a thud sounded next to me. An arrow was vibrating and stuck in the tree. On it, a note was attached. Meet me in your room, agapi mou. It read. (A/N: No, this is not sexual....) I obeyed and walked to my room to see Percy. He stood on one knee, holding a black velvet box. As I entered, he bowed his head. "Shadow, my mate, will you be mine, until the day I die? Shadow, I have not forgotten your birthday. You are my love, my mate, and I would love to ask you. Will you marry me?" He asked as he pulled out a simple, yet meaningful, silver ring. Parts of silver branched out to form antlers, that could bend to my will. "Oh, Percy!" I beamed. "You didn't even have to ask. Of course, fiancé, I will marry you." I said, smiling like an idiot. He placed the ring on my finger and pulled me into a lust-filled kiss. I pulled apart and realized. Jason was still at the border. "Shit Percy." I cursed. "Jason's still at the border."

*_--=Time skip to the border=--_*

My voice combined with Creed's as we shot threats to Jason. "So, the little manwhore is back? Thought so." I seethed at him. "So, the high and mighty alpha is here, in my presence? I'm honored." He said, his voice laced with sarcasm. "Damn right you should be." Creed said, surfacing. "Oh, but I'm not." He smirked thinking he won. "Oh, sweetie. Don't talk to an Alpha like me. You're a rogue. I'm an alpha. And the Alpha of four prophecy? I'm the descendant. So back away, bitch. Before you regret it." I growled. His face looked surprised and worried. I took this to my advantage. I pinned him to the ground, my gun in hand. "Now, bullet or snapped neck?" No response. I grabbed my silver knife and slit a bit of his palm. "Now, which'll it be? Bullet of neck?" I asked. No response. "Fine, brother. " I spat. I bent the shadows to my will, forming a wall of darkness, slowly closing in on him, suffocating him. "Goodbye, brother."