Chapter 9 - There he was. My enemy.

||ALPHA SHADOW'S POV||

There it was. The first sickening crack. Bone after bone after bone, it seemed never-ending. Crack. Every single bone snapped and rearranged itself. No, no, no, no, no! I'm NOT shifting. I. AM. NOT. SHIFTING. So this is how I'm gonna die. Sure feels like Hell already. Crack. Welp. There goes my left arm...

Diablo? I asked. Yes, Shadow? He replied. What's going on? I questioned. I don't know! It's like I'm shifting into something more or better. I don't know. He replied shakily. Okkkkk thennnn I said, thinking. Then, next door. I heard it. Crack. And again and again and again. Echoing off the buildings and trees. The sickening crunch and cracks of shifting. Groans and shouts rang out every second. It was never silent. But the thing is, it's still my birthday. The sound grew louder and louder as even children began to shift. Only toddlers and babies weren't shifting. All at once, it stopped. No sound. Nothing. Silence. I needed to tell them.

I walked to the café, everyone who just shifted behind me. I stood onto the stage and adjusted my wireless mic. "Hello! I have come to tell you, why you've all shifted. Have you ever heard of the prophecy of the Alpha of 4? Yeah, that's why. Remember Diablo? This is him now." I said, shifting. In place of Diablo, was an even bigger, massive red and black wolf. Parts of his paws were blue. I loved the new Diablo. I loved the old, too of course.

*Just went to bed*

I tossed and turned, and finally fell to sleep.

Dream

I sat on a hill with a very familiar figure to my right. I was hidden by the trees. I sensed another person. Someone with dark potentials. "I swore to protect her!" The familiar voice said. I'll just call him Bob. "I don't care! Come on, Zephyr!" The deeper voice said. I busted through the forest. To find something terrifying. Dee, and my brother, Zephyr. "Zeph," I whispered ghostily. "Shadow!" He screamed, hoofing it towards me. "Zeph! Oh my god!" I yelled. This wasn't a flashback or a dream. This was a tie. A dream tie. We ran towards eachother, sprinting. We slammed into eachother as he whispered in my ear. "Little sis. I missed you. Where have you been?" He whispered. "I-I'm with my mate, Percy. We are the alphas. Us, Carolina and her mate David." I replied. "I swore to protect you. So I will. I will be coming with you. Grab my hand, and force yourself to wake up." Zeph instructed. I nodded and did as told.

*End of dream*

I woke up to Zeph next to me, of course not on the bed, but by the bedside. "Little sister. I have to go. I smell Phoenix. He must smell me too." He said as he embraced me. "I made a promise, and I intent to keep it, little sis." He whispered and left my room.

Howls. Howls of pain, suffering, victory, loss. Howls of everything. One caught my attention, though. I recognized it. I knew it good and well. But he couldn't. No. No way. Those thoughts kept spiraling through my head as I threw on my war clothes. Breastplate of obsidian, a belt with my gun, 2 throwing knives, and a silver pocket knife, ripped jeans, running shoes. My scar stood out the most. The one that covered HALF OF MY FACE. Yeah, that one. I stepped outside, to prove my thoughts wrong. There he stood. Jason.

'Let. Me. Out.' Nyx demanded for the millionth time. 'But your secret.' I simply replied. 'HA! Like I give a shit about my secret.' She said. I let her out. She sank her fangs into a man with a open wound in his forearm. Easily killing the man, it pleased me. My pleasure in killing sickened me. I shifted into Creed and easily pounced on and killed several victims at once, even mind controlling a few to make them shoot their own army. I shifted back to myself and threw a knife at a vicious looking man. Half his face had countless scars. The other, flawless. His lips curled into a permanent snarl. The knife embedded itself square between his eyes. I yanked and cleaned the knife and stood back-to-back with Carolina, each of us killing each enemy that approached. Each of us making progress as fast as the other. Fire and black blood burned and streaked throughout my veins. Black because of all the different forms. Another man approached me. His hair was wild and he was about my age. His shoulder was bleeding steadily. His face was pale and his eyes flickered from man to beast and back again, from Grey to green dialated slits. Werecat. I lashed out and grabbed the man and flipped him over my shoulder, so now I was holding his neck and his stomach was exposed to me. I grabbed my gun and smashed the butt of it against his ribs. They shattered instantly. And that's when everything around me flickered. People had light, auras, around them. The senses were overwhelming. Blurred black and white images appeared before me. Ghosts. The dead. And there were 2 Jasons. Two different ghosts of Jason. My aura flared black, pulsing, making the air scented with the metallic scent of blood and electricity. My aura scent. My energy scent. The smells, so many came at once, all the aura scents. So many senses were overloaded, like a computer draining battery. And I was at 1%. I laughed, and it was a wicked, insanity-filled cackle. I spat on the ground. But it wasn't clear. It was red. Punctured lung. Hazy voices filled my mind of the people I loved. Percy, Kanari, Carolina, Phoenix, Zeph, David even. My forms tried keeping me awake, but I knew. There was no keeping me awake. That's all I got to think, when darkness consumed me.