CHAPTER 6: Can't Be.....Right?

KAILEY

I can hear male voices in the distance muttering close to me. I can't see who the voices belong to but they sound somewhat familiar.

"I told you not to hurt her. Now it'll make things harder for us to convince Nolan to give her up. Besides, what if she does remember?!" One of the male voices says to the other.

"Don't worry. I have an idea that I know will have to work. We just need to...." The guy stops himself. "Wait, did you hear that?"

"What was that?!" The guy asks.

"Shit, let's get out of here before one of the  guys walks in on this." The second guy says.

"What about her?" The other one asks.

"We'll figure something out. I've got just the thing in fact."

The guy whispers words I can't hear too well or even understand. Then I see a red flash of light and a loud noise.

Then I wake up in bed trying to catch my breath and start looking around in this dark room where I realize it was just another bad dream.

These bad dreams have been becoming worse and more intense. This one though, I felt as though I was getting closer in finding something out.

Some people believe that dreams have meanings to them and to some extent, I believe that's true. However, I have no idea what these ones have been meaning for the past few weeks.

I lay down again and start trying to fall back asleep and I am finally able to almost right away because after all, it could be just a dream and nothing more, right?

When I woke up this morning, it seemed like the whole house was empty. That was until I saw Nolan and the pack doctor standing in the living room finishing talking to one another.

"Good morning Lu-Kailey." He greets me with a smile.

"Good morning doctor. Did we have an appointment today?" I asked confused.

"No. No I was just in the neighborhood and thought I would stop by." He he smiles.

"Oh." I replied.

"Yes well, I must be going. I will see you in a couple of weeks for a follow-up." He says.

"Of course." I smile in reply.

Nolan next escorts him out and all I can think about is how sexy Nolan looks right now with his body all tatted and peeking out through his fitted short sleeved t-shirt.

"You like what you see?" I hear him ask and snap me out from my daze.

"Uh, no. I mean, yes. I mean." I stop myself and close my eyes tightly while he just stands there looking at me with admiration and chuckles.

"And what's so funny?!" I ask with my arms crossed.

"You. You're so cute." He smiles at me.

I can feel my cheeks heat up a little as I start to blush and then before I can reply, we hear Flynch and Luis come walking in.

I don't know what it is about them but they make me feel uneasy and I feel a little afraid as well.

I notice that Nolan is looking at me a little bewildered.

"What do you guys want?" Nolan asks them.

Flynch and Luis look at me and then back at him.

"We need you to come look at something. A few rogues were able to get in last night." Flynch states.

"Shit!" I hear Nolan say under his breath in frustration. "How the hell did they even get onto our property?!" He asks them in frustration.

"We aren't sure. They killed Bradley and his brother though. Looks like it was a sneek attack." Luis states.

"Damnit!" I hear Nolan. "I can't believe this is happening."

"What do you want to do?" Flynch asks him.

"Meet me there and we will go over our next plan of action." He tells them.

"Yes Alpha." They said in unison.

They nod and start running outside though not before looking at me in an odd and uncomfortable way, in particularly, Luis. Then once they were gone, Nolan came walking up towards me.

"I have to get going but when I come back, I want you to be ready because I want to take you somewhere." He tells me.

Does he mean like on a date? No, of course not, he's just being nice. Yeah, that's what it is. Has to be why.....Right?

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)