7

Akira

"Ethan please tell me you're not serious."

He shakes his head. "No. Not really. I'm dead serious."

I scratch my head. "You're about to be dead."

He smiled. "Come on, bro, it's not that bad, right?"

"I don't know, it's pretty troublesome." I look over at the woman beside me. She's...pretty.

She grins at me. I touch her face, by instinct.

"I'll help you, Akira. If you want."

I glance away. "Not now. I have things to do. Maybe later."

I get up, taking my sword with a sigh. Sometimes I have nightmares. About the things I do with this sword. And the things I've done.

But that doesn't matter. I'm here, I'm this person...because Dahlia is safe. That's all. Everything was fine. It's not like it mattered much.

I don't have to do anything violent. Not much. It's very peaceful here. I just find that sometimes...I want to.

I'm going to check something out. There's a little mishap with one of the associates.

Daichi Sato. A writer. He's been raping women around Kabukichō, over in Shinjuku. We don't stand for that behavior here.

Not in my territory.

I try not to hurt people. Dahlia is very kind and I think she would be disappointed if I was very violent with people.

But this man is trash. He rapes women and makes money off the stories he writes about them. Spinning it as some fairy tale.

Trash isn't killed. It's just taken out. As trash should be.

And there's no way she would be upset. I don't think so.

I smile, taking the car down to Shinjuku where he lives. He's supposed to making some deal today. I don't want to hurt any innocents. I'll ambush him as the club he frequents.

Today is his pick up. Japan is pretty peaceful. Low crime rates, usually. They don't like to publicize any crime. It seems they view it as...failure. So the Yakuza isn't illegal. They don't mind us.

Not the violent kind, we mostly just deal in gambling.

"We're here sir."

I nod, getting out. I'll set up here, and wait for him.

I sit between two of the workers there.

"Ai, Mikki," I greet them.

"If it isn't Akira. What are you doing here?"

I shrug. "What I always do here. Wait for trash to pickup."

They grin. "What would we without you, Akira?"

I shrug. "I dunno. End up dead I guess."

They shrug me off, saying that essentially I'm strange and they leave me. I just sit there for a few hours before he walks in.