DANCE DUET

Yoonji and Hyunjin were in the dance practice rooms, both rehearsing a duet that they were going to post on both Instagram and YouTube. It wasn't that rare for Hyunjin to do a cover of a song, but Yoonji barely did any covers, her last one being a cover of IU's 'Through the Night'.

It had emphasised the girl's sweet voice and had been praised by many. 

The song that the two had chosen was Kim Woosung's 'Lonely' and the pair had decided upon soft, gentle but sharp movements to portray the song's melancholy tone.

"Yoonji, bring your arms around, like this. It needs to be a little sharper," Hyunjin instructed as the two prepared for another run through.

"You ready for another trial?" Yoonji asked, her finger hovering over the 'play' button.

Hyunjin nodded. "Let's begin,"

The notes began to drift through the air, Yoonji and Hyunjin following the moves that they had practiced for around two weeks. 

Each motion was fluid and executed with perfection, their bodies moving in sync as they relayed the mournful tune.

The last move was perhaps the most difficult of them all, taken from the genre of ballet. The pas de deux. It was where Yoonji struck her high kick before forming an arabesque with Hyunjin turning her through a promenade.

Despite the number of times they had both practiced this particular sequence, there were little hesitations and small mistakes. Neither wanted to rid the routine of the move but instead developed a driving force so that they could accomplish it.

Silently, they performed the last part of the performance, the part where they had been going wrong for the last few days. 

Yoonji extended her leg and Hyunjin gently elevated the girl as she closed into an arabesque before the boy spun her around and lowered her, the final action being Yoonji's arms around Hyunjin's neck as he leaned back to some degree.

As he slanted into his position and Yoonji came closer to him, he noticed just how pretty she looked. There were little beads of sweat on her forehead, and he could count her eyelashes. Her lips were parted open and the two simply stared, not wanting to draw away.

The melody slowly faded and the girl quickly pulled the boy up from his position, slightly aback from their moment.

"We did it," She said amazed "We did it without any mistakes," Yoonji grinned at Hyunjin who looked just as shocked as she did. 

She wrapped her arms around his larger frame, both extremely pleased from the outcome of their dance but also curious at what they had felt from the last move.

The pas de deux is French for 'step of two' and it's used between a male and female dancer in ballet. For those of you who saw BTS's Jimin and Jungkook's 'Black Swan' performance, they performed this very move in water. 

This scene was very much inspired by their performance which was incredible!

To perform such a difficult move in water as well is impressive!!