CODE RED

Yoonji wanted to end everything.

Her stomach was being tortured as she shifted her body onto her stomach, a hot water bottle warming her tummy.

She had woken up to the sound of her belly dying and had promptly remembered the fact that her period was due.

Despite the pain she was going through, Yoonji thanked the fact that they had didn't have to do any promotions that week and were instead having a break. The girl really didn't feel like moving from her place on the couch.

"Yoonji noona!" Jeongin's voice rang through her ears as the young boy took a seat next to her "Let's play something,"

"Maybe later, Jeongin, I'm not feeling so good,"

The fox-eyed boy pouted "But you've barely spent any time with me this week. You've been at the practice rooms with Minho, Hyunjin and Felix hyungs, you've been with them all week and it's not fair! Then when you come home, you make little conversation and then go straight to bed. I want some attention too,"

Yoonji was growing slightly irritated and she knew that it was the hormones currently raging inside her, but that didn't stop her from snapping.

"Jeongin, I said I'm not feeling so good. Can you take that as an answer?"

The younger boy's eyes widened in shock at Yoonji's exasperated and frustrated tone and he held back the upset he felt.

"Okay noona," He mumbled "I'm sorry for bothering you,"

Yoonji swallowed. She hadn't meant for the Jeongin to get upset and as she tried to call him back, he had already slipped through into the kitchen. She hated making any of her members upset, but making Jeongin upset was one of the things that she couldn't stand. The boy was so kind and gentle and making him sad was a sight that no-one wanted to cause.

"What's going on?" Changbin's hands were on his hips as he stood in front of their female member who winced as she tried to propell herself upwards.

"Jeongin's come into the kitchen upset and when we asked him why, he said that you said something,"

Yoonji exhaled a sharp breath. "He asked if we could play and I said no because I didn't feel good,"

"You could've said it a little nicer!" The older boy accused and Yoonji's jaw dropped.

"Jeongin's really unsettled now because you said that!"

"Are you telling me that it's my fault for asking him to leave me be?"

"Maybe I am!"

"Hey, hey, hey," Some of the other members had come into the living room, and had watched the heated discussion between Changbin and Yoonji steadily rising. 

Both parties were glaring at each other, neither happy. 

"Minho oppa, is it wrong to ask someone if they could leave because I don't feel good?" Yoonji challenged the boy but before he could answer, Changbin had already interrupted.

"All I'm saying is that you could've said it a bit better instead of yelling at him like that!"

"Changbin, Yoonji, maybe we should- " Chan was cut off by the female member who had pushed herself off the couch and grabbed her hot water bottle.

"If my hormones being upset is a problem for you, Changbin-ssi," Yoonji scoffed "Maybe I should just go,"

"And also," The girl added, a cold look in her eyes "Maybe you should all know that it was Code Red today, which may be the reason why I'm more on edge. I'm going to bed,"

Without even looking back, Yoonji slammed the door of her room shut, leaving the rest of the members shocked at her outburst. Yoonji wasn't one to get angry, but when she did, she would offer the cold shoulder, putting all members on edge.

"Code Red," Felix mumbled "That's why she was so worked up,"

Code Red was the name that the group had created when Yoonji was on her menstrual cycle and it offered them the chance to be able to stock up on chocolate as well as provide lots of cuddles and warmth.

"We forgot," Hyunjin said incredulously "We never forget Code Red,"

"Well apparently we did," Seungmin looked at Changbin who looked guilty for having aggravated the girl even further.

"Jeongin, maybe she was just uncomfortable because of cramps," Jisung said to the youngest who looked regretful of having annoyed his noona. "Maybe that's why she didn't want to play with you,"

"Changbin," Minho looked at the rapper who hung his head low "You'd better apologise. I don't care how, but I won't be surprised if she refuses to talk to you.

...

Yoonji sniffled into her Mang plush as she clutched her stomach. It really hurt and what was even worse was that Changbin's words earlier had hurt her even more. They barely got into arguements and it pained her to not be on good terms with the older boy.

"It hurts," She whimpered, burying her head further into the plush.

"Yoonji?"

The girl's eyes flicked up to the figure in the doorway, and she recognised the stocky frame of Seo Changbin.

"What are you doing here?" She mumbled, not looking at him.

Quietly, he shut the door and took a seat next to his female member, the bed dipping slightly at the weight. 

"Yoonji," He said softly "I know I shouldn't have said what I said to you because of some comment that you made. And I know that you're probably in a lot of pain, so I brought some chocolate,"

Changbin offered multiple bars of chocolate and Yoonji looked at them with a gleam in her eye. 

"I'm sorry for talking back to you like that," She said "But everything really hurt and you saying that I shouldn't have talked to Jeongin like that just elevated things,"

"I know, I'm sorry," The older boy muttered.

Yoonji smiled at the rapper, much to his surprise "I forgive you. We shouldn't argue over something so stupid,"

Her arms wrapped around Changbin's torso, careful of the precious chocolate in his hands, and they stayed in that position for a few minutes before letting go.

"Noona?" 

Jeongin peeked through the doorway, eyes cast downwards.

Yoonji softened. "I'm not mad at you, baby bread. Come here,"

Looking much brighter and pleased that she had called him 'Baby bread', Jeongin dashed towards the space next to Yoonji and hugged her, mumbling a 'Sorry' in her ear before lying on her lap.

"Now, time to eat some chocolate,"