28 | ≠ disrespect

*extra long author's note at the end. pls read and don't skip. pls interact as well :))*

My corneas are burning underneath my eyelids

Why is there so much light?

Why is there an unnatural weight on my stomach?

Why is it so freaking bright?

Hey! Remember when I had corneas?

I let out a low groan and open my eyes, only to immediately squint them to shield them against the harsh sun rays. When my eyes finally kind of adjust, I look around me and on the monstrous weight, which I can't seem to get off.

I'm lying on the sofa, my neck bent at a weird angle, and my legs are resting in a sitting position. The window opposite to me is the source of the sun rays assault. The air has a bit of chill, but I still feel a bit suffocated. Because on my stomach and my thighs are two giant legs, and I follow them to find Eli as their owner. Looking around, Nathan is on the ground, resting his back on the sofa front and Mia's head resting on his lap. I chuckle at the seating positions we had assumed yesterday with no real intention behind it, except Mia and Nathan had argued for half the movie over popcorn flavours, whereas Eli and I were busy predicting the next scenes of the movie.

Safe to say, it was an interesting night.

"Eli," I grumble out and hit his legs multiple times. He shifts a bit in his sleep but settles right back in a better position, further increasing his weight on my body even more. I almost let out a squeak and hit his legs again, this time with more force. After a couple more hits and a lot more swearing from both the parties, he finally gains enough consciousness and lets out a huge yawn.

"Morning bumper," he croaks out.

"Bumpee," I reiterate, and he chuckles.

Our talk wakes up the other two, Nathan shifting and squinting just like I did and Mia rubbing her eyes.

"Morning dumbasses," I say, shifting Eli's legs off me and on the sofa and finally getting up from the uncomfortable position I was stuck in for the whole night. I hear a few bone popping noises as I stretch, and when my eyes find Nathan's, I find him looking at me already. There's some unadulterated hunger in them, and suddenly I feel flustered. And hot.

Stupid sun.

Keeping my flustered self hidden behind an expertly crafted mask, I smirk at him and very discreetly stretch myself a little longer, letting my shorts ride up just a bit higher than he probably expected.

Cue the saucer-sized eyes.

I quickly turn away after a little more smirking and walk towards the kitchen, keeping my tea and Mia's coffee first. Turning around, I'm about to ask the boys what they would like for their breakfast, and I feel arms coming around my waist, pulling me back to a hard chest.