14 | ≠ regrets

I'm hungover and I know it

I groan as I slowly peel my eyes open, the harsh sunlight hitting me directly in the face, making me groan louder. After finally gaining the courage to open my eyes completely, I look around my room when I realise that it's not my room.

Where am I?

Turning my head to my left, I find Mia sprawled beside me, still asleep. I nudge her, hoping she'll wake up and know where we are. She groans and opens her eyes.

"Morning drunk head," she croaks. I roll my eyes and ask, "Do you know where we are?"

She sits up straight, quite obviously not hungover. It's a known fact about Mia that she doesn't drink. She decided at a ripe age of 16 that she didn't like how alcohol tasted and made her feel and hence, she was not going to drink it ever again. Some people are shocked when they come to know about this decision of hers, obviously assuming that a free spirit like Mia definitely must drink. But it's her decision and I quote, I don't need alcohol to have fun.

"We're at Nathan and Eli's," she replies.

I furrow my eyebrows, a pounding headache behind my eyes, "Why didn't you just drive us home?"

"I was tired and they both decided it was best for us to crash at theirs because it's closer. I think Nathan had someone drive your car early in the morning today. I drove mine."

I nod in understanding and hold my head in my hands. God, why do I drink?

"How much did I drink?" I question wearily. She smirks and shakes her head, "I lost count after the 6th shot."

A knock causes both of us to jump. The door slowly opens and Nathan pops his head inside.

"Thought I heard voices. Good morning," he says, opening the door wider and stepping in. I momentarily forget about my headache as I stare at him. Shirtless.

Did I mention he's shirtless?

He looks fresh, right out of the shower and in quite a cheery mood, which makes me suspicious.

"Did you not drink? What about making 'drunk memories'?" I glare.

He laughs and replies, "Grasshopper, you, me and Eli drank probably the same amount. But Eli and I know the best hangover cure. Which is the main reason why I'm standing here right now. Eli's making his special hangover cure for you and I'm the escort."

Mia gets up from the bed and walks out towards the kitchen without a word to me. I suspect it's because she wants to talk to Eli but who knows.

I look back at Nathan to find him already staring at me with a knowing smirk on his face.

"What do you remember that I don't?" I ask. His smirk gets wider if that's even possible and he steps a little closer to the bed.

"It's a shame you don't remember grasshopper," he whispers mysteriously. I look up at him and try remembering. What the hell happened last night?